Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita
|Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita|
cover art of Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita
|Directed by||Michael Lucas & Tony Dimarco|
|Produced by||Michael Lucas|
|Written by||Tony Dimarco|
|Edited by||Frank Tyler|
|Distributed by||Lucas Distribution|
The film stars Michael Lucas, Jason Ridge, Chad Hunt, Cole Ryan, Pete Ross, Derrick Hanson, Ray Star, Brad Star, Jack Bond, Wilson Vasquez, Jonathan Vargas, Ben Andrews, and more. It features non-sexual cameos by Savanna Samson, Kevin Aviance, Amanda Lepore, Heather Fink and Johnny Hanson.
- Ben Andrews
- Rod Barry
- Jack Bond
- Jamie Donovan
- Erik Grant
- Derrick Hanson
- Chad Hunt
- Michael Lucas
- Jack MacCarthy
- Spencer Quest
- Jason Ridge
- Pete Ross
- Cole Ryan
- Brad Star
- Ray Star
- Jonathan Vargas
- Wilson Vasquez
- Savanna Samson
- Gus Mattox
- Amanda Lepore
- Michael Musto
- Kevin Aviance
- Johnny Hanson
- Will Clark
- Heather Fink
In 2007 at the GayVN's in San Francisco, it won all 14 awards it was nominated for, including best picture, best director (Michael Lucas & Tony DiMarco), best threesome (Michael Lucas, Derrick Hanson, and Jason Ridge), best actor (Michael Lucas) and best non-sexual performance (Savanna Samson).
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Picture
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Actor
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Threesome
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Director
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Supporting Actor
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Non-Sex Performance
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Screenplay
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Editing
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Music
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Art Direction
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Videography
- 2007 GayVN Award Best DVD Extras/Special Edition
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Packaging
- 2007 GayVN Award Best Marketing Campaign
Issues of trademark and copyright infringement
Lucas Entertainment, Inc., its distribution wing and Michael Lucas were named as defendants in a lawsuit filed by International Media Films, Inc. in February 2007. The suit alleges willful trademark and copyright infringement against the La Dolce Vita mark. International Media Films owns the rights to Fellini's La Dolce Vita. The suit seeks unspecified damages and to stop sales of Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita Parts 1 & 2. In May 2007, a Manhattan federal judge rejected the request to enjoin the sales of Lucas' film, primarily on the grounds of "inexcusable delay" on the plaintiff's part. The judge noted that there were serious issues raised regarding trademark infringement or tarnishment, but also wrote that it "seems extremely unlikely that a hapless purchaser seeking to buy Fellini’s film will inadvertently stumble across Michael Lucas’s La Dolce Vita”, which would be an important element in proving IMF's case.
- "Michael Lucas: The Porn King of New York". NYMag.com. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- Van Meter, William (October 30, 2006). "The Lion of Chelsea". New York Movies. New York Magazine Holdings LLC. Retrieved 2007-01-09.
- 2007 GAYVN Award Winners Source includes complete list of nominees, with the winners shown in bold blue. Keeneye Reeves, TLA Video; 1997 - 2009 TLA Entertainment Group, Inc.
- Copy of Complaint
- Peter Lattman. "Judge Refuses to Enjoin "Michael Lucas's La Dolce Vita"". WSJ. Retrieved 19 April 2015.
- "NYC film company claims gay porn infringes on film classic 'La Dolce Vita'"
- "Michael Lucas Triumphs in 'La Dolce Vita' Lawsuit". EDGE Boston, MA. Retrieved 19 April 2015.