|Michael H. Ranzenhofer|
|Member of the New York Senate|
from the 61st district
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Mary Lou Rath|
|Member of the Erie County Legislature |
from the 4th district
16th district (1989-2004)
|Preceded by||Robert B. Anderson|
|Succeeded by||Raymond Walter|
|Born||August 15, 1954|
Queens, New York
|Residence||Amherst, New York|
|Alma mater||SUNY at Albany|
SUNY at Buffalo School of Law
Michael H. Ranzenhofer (born August 15, 1954) is a Republican member of the New York State Senate, representing the 61st district. In addition to being a legislator, he is a partner with the law firm Friedman and Ranzenhofer.
Ranzenhofer served in the Erie County Legislature from 1989 through 2008. While a legislator, he has served as the Legislature's Majority Leader during the budget crisis with then County Executive Joel Giambra and Minority Leader. At present, he serves on the Community Enrichment Committee and the Human Services Committee. He has reportedly considered a race for Justice of the New York State Supreme Court during his tenure in the County Legislature.
In 2014, Ranzenhofer appeared on The Daily Show to talk about yogurt legislation in New York State, which the host called "absurd".
- "State Senate: Michael H. Ranzenhofer (R-C-I), District 61". Capitol Info. Archived from the original on April 8, 2011. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Hill, David J. (October 19, 2010). "Senate hopefuls talk spending". Tonawanda News. Archived from the original on July 28, 2011. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Michael H. Ranzenhofer: Biography". New York State Senate. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- Scott, Mark (November 5, 2008). "Lee Wins 26th District House Seat, Ranzenhofer Beats Mesi in State Senate Race". WBFO. Retrieved August 8, 2010.
- "Senator Michael Ranzenhofer (NY)". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Senate: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 4, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 23, 2012. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
- "General Election Results, State Senate: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 18, 2013. Retrieved April 13, 2011.
Richard R. Anderson
| 16th District Erie County Legislator
Judith P. Fisher
| 4th District Erie County Legislator
Mary Lou Rath
| New York State Senate, 61st District
| Chairman of the Senate Committee on Corporations, Authorities and Commissions
|This article about a member of the New York State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|