Michael B. Sabom completed his medical education at the University of Texas Medical Branch. He's is a medical doctor and a cardiologist in Atlanta, U.S. He is the author of the book, Recollections of Death, which is considered to be a landmark in the field of near-death research. He is a leading authority in near-death research with over twenty years in the field. In this book, Sabom describes the Pam Reynolds case. This work has been criticized that "experimenter bias, witness tampering (however unconscious), and false memories intruded into this best of all recorded cases (as)...painfully obvious." In 1994, he founded the Atlanta Study which is the first comprehensive investigation of its kind into NDEs. Sabom's latest book, Light and Death, shares his findings from the Atlanta Study.
- Recollections of Death: A Medical Investigation. HarperCollins. 1981.
- Light and Death. Zondervan. 1998.
- "Leaving Their Bodies, These People Saw Things Later Verified". Theepochtimes.com. 2014-09-05. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- "Examining near death experiences - Opinion - The Daily Herald - Columbia, TN". Columbiadailyherald.com. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- "Michael B. Sabom, MD, FACC". The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center.
- "Death is a Doorway - Braxton Hunter - Google Books". Books.google.com.ng. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- 1967-, Harris, Sam,. Waking up : a guide to spirituality without religion (First Simon & Schuster hardcover ed.). New York. ISBN 9781451636017. OCLC 881518331.
- "Dr. Michael Sabom's Near-Death Experience Research". near-death.com. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- 3:20 PM ET (2009-05-22). "Decoding The Mystery Of Near-Death Experiences". NPR. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- "They Saw Beyond Death: New Insights on Near-Death Experiences - Arvin S. Gibson - Google Books". Books.google.com.ng. Retrieved 2016-12-18.