Her soundtrack for Wendigo won the WNYC New Sounds Listeners Poll: Best New Soundtracks. She is primarily a composer for the theater with more than 30 credits. Her ballet, Charlotte Salomon: Der Tod und die Malerin (Death and the Painter), was premiered at Musiktheater im Revier in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, in 2015 under the direction and choreography of Bridget Breiner. The work was awarded the 2015 Der Faust, Germany’s highest prize for theater and dance, winning in the category of Best Choreography for Breiner. DiBucci’s music-theater work, Basetrack Live, had its New York premiere at Brooklyn Academy of Music, Next Wave Festival, in 2014 and was deemed part of the "Best Theater of 2014" list by Charles Isherwood of the New York Times. Her music has been performed at Komische Oper in Berlin, Alice Tully Hall, Stockholm Concert Hall, the BAM Harvey Theater and at Zankel Hall in New York.
DiBucci received her B.M. in music composition from Carnegie Mellon University and her M.M. in music composition from The Juilliard School in New York. She has been on the faculty at the Juilliard School since 1992, teaching in both the music and drama divisions.
- Charlotte Salomon: Der Tod und die Malerin (Death and the Painter), a ballet with singers based on Leben? oder Theater? by Charlotte Salomon. Commissioned by Musiktheater im Revier, Gelsenkirchen, Germany. Choreography Bridget Breiner. Premiere: February 14, 2015.
- Basetrack Live, New York premiere: November 11, 2014, Next Wave Festival, Brooklyn Academy of Music.
- On the Nature of Things, for Pilobolus Dance Theater, New York at The Joyce Theater on 15 July 2014.
- Biederman’s Match, based on Max Frisch's Biedermann und die Brandstifter adapted by Beau Willimon with lyrics by Portia Kamons. Premiered on 11 February 2011 at the artist residency program, Launch Pad, at UCSB, Risa Brainin, Director.
- Kip, Jeremiah (17 December 2002). "Wendigo". filmcritic.com. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Michelle DiBucci". The New York Times.
- "CARRIER . The Film . Site Credits - PBS".
- "Sonic Highway - Gêmeas".
- "#2112: Program #2112". WNYC. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Michelle DiBucci - Bio".
- "Bridget Breiner - Principal Dancer & Choreographer".
- "Der Tod und die Malerin (WA)". Musiktheater im Revier Gelsenkirchen. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Bridget Breiner erhält zum zweiten Mal den "Faust"". WAZ. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Isherwood, Charles (10 December 2014). "Charles Isherwood's Best Theater of 2014: 'Father Comes Home From the Wars' and More". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Michelle DiBucci". michelledibucci.com. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Michelle DiBucci". The Juilliard School. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Kronos Quartet". kronosquartet.org. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Michelle DiBucci | Composer". michelledibucci.com. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Basetrack in Brooklyn at BAM Harvey Theater".
- "Pilobolus is a Fungus | Pilobolus at the Joyce Theater, July 15 – Aug. 10, 2014..." NYC Dance Stuff. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Biederman's Match". Performing Arts Live. 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
|This article about a composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|