This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Although she worked in hotel kitchens during college in San Diego, she got her start in San Francisco restaurants at Moose's as a pantry cook. She completed her externship from CCA at the Turtle Bay Resort on the Caribbean island of St. John's, gaining cooking experience, returning to San Francisco to cook at Jianna and then with Paul Arenstam at the now-closed Belon and at Grand Cafe.
In 2005 Michelle stepped in to captain Kimpton's Ponzu restaurant and was named one of San Francisco Chronicle's "Rising Star Chefs" of 2006 along with Corey Lee of French Laundry and Mike Yakura of Le Colonial.
In 2011, Mah joined Charles Phan’s Slanted Door Group to head up Wo Hing’s General Store, a Southern Chinese street food inspired restaurant. In 2012, she transferred over to The Slanted Door, where she heads the kitchen.
- "Rising Star Chef" (2006) by the San Francisco Chronicle
- Michelle Mah About.com
- Rising Star Chef, 2006: San Francisco Chronicle
- Inside Scoop: San Francisco Chronicle
- Mah on MSNBC.com
- Where Are They Now? San Francisco Chronicle
- bnet Interview with Mah
- What's New: San Francisco Chronicle
- What's New: San Francisco Conventions & Visitors Bureau