Mihaly "Michu" Meszaros (Hungarian: Mészáros Mihály; born September 20, 1939 in Budapest) is a Hungarian performer best remembered as the man behind the costume in the NBC sitcom ALF. He is 2 feet 9 inches (84 cm) tall.
Meszaros appeared in numerous television and film projects. His last appearance was in 1993's Warlock: The Armageddon.
For the first few seasons of ALF, Meszaros donned a full-body costume of the character whenever a full-body shot of the alien was needed. Meszaros was used where scenes of ALF walking, running, or standing were required.
Most shots were half-body shots of ALF's upper body, since the ALF costume was extremely hot and uncomfortable for the actor to wear under the bright studio lights and during long stretches. The ALF puppet and costume can be distinguished on first view because the head proportions are slightly different.
More about Michu
Michu also was a member of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus as the former "smallest man in the world". While with Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey Circus as a featured performer, Michu trained and presented a dog act with white Standard Poodles who, when on their hind-legs, were much taller than their diminutive though commanding trainer. This made for a wonderful display, which was much-loved by audiences nationwide. The grand Spectacle number or "spec" as it is known to the performing artists, featured the Smallest Man in the World in a dignified though slightly comedic role. Michu portrayed the "Marshal of Marshmallow Gulch" in the Spectacle number in 1982/1983, resplendent in a well-tailored white/silver/gold costume encrusted all over with rhinestones and complete with matching cowboy hat, and silver boots.
- H.R. Pufnstuf (1978) as Taylor
- ALF: (1986) as ALF (credited as one of Alf's "Assistants")
- Waxwork: (1988) as Hans
- Big Top Pee-wee: (1988) as Andy
- Look Who's Talking: (1989) baby stunt performer
- Dear John: (1991) Episode #66 Louise the Hero as Mishka
- Freaked: (1993) as George Ramirez #3
- Warlock: The Armageddon: (1993) as Augusto
- "Michu Ln". Google Maps (maps.google.com). Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- Dunbrow, Marsha (April 26, 1982). "Only 33 Inches Tall, Mihaly 'Michu' Mezaros Is the Smallest Guy Under the Big Top". People Magazine. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
|This article about a Hungarian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|