This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Microgaming Software Systems Ltd is a privately held Isle of Man based software development company which claims to have released the first genuine online casino in 1994. The company is one of the leading software providers to the online gambling industry. Online casino operators such as the Carmen Media Group, Fortune Lounge Group, 32Red, and the Palace Group are among those who use Microgaming's software.
The standard online casino powered by Microgaming has over six hundred games including slots, video poker, blackjack and roulette. Microgaming provides its casino games in download or Flash versions, in recent times there has been a shift to releasing games in HTML5 to ensure cross-platform compatibility. The company offers a number of progressive jackpots through their interlinked network of casino operators. Some of these games are developed by Derivco, a South African-based game development studio.
Microgaming runs an online poker network, known as The MPN. It was formerly known as Prima Poker or the Microgaming Poker Network. Its software allows players to play multiplayer poker games such as Texas hold 'em and five and seven card stud poker against real people in real-time. The MPN was the first online poker network to offer Anonymous Tables, an attempt to make player tracking tools ineffective. In November 2013, the network became among the first to offer a fully integrated achievement system.
In late February 2008, Microgaming licensee Tusk Investment Corporation Limited went into liquidation, leaving all players who had funds in 28 rooms operated by Tusk to claim as unsecured creditors in the liquidation. A liquidation report, available online, indicates that players will recover some monies. In August 2009 licensees, Eurolinx and BetonBet, which were owned by Linx Media Group, went into liquidation.
In May 2009, Microgaming announced their biggest ever online casino win through the progressive slot Mega Moolah, with the winner taking away $6,374,434. This was the largest online casino payout in history at the time, but was later eclipsed by several other jackpot wins on games from various other developers. Mega Moolah set a new world record for paying the largest online slot machine jackpot on 6 October 2015. The slot machine paid £13,209,300 (equivalent to €17,879,645 at the time) to UK resident and customer of Betway, Jonathan Heywood.
In May 2010, Microgaming launched Quickfire Games, a company that licenses their game content to third party developers and white label casino platform providers.
SkillOnNet, online casino solutions provider, signed a content agreement with Microgaming in October 2016. The contract will give SkillOnNet licensees access to over 500 games from Microgaming's portfolio.
January 16, 2017 marked the first win of the year on Microgaming’s Mega Moolah progressive jackpot slot. The winner was a member of online operator, Captain Cooks Casino, and received a €6,078,249.33 payout in one lump sum, as per the provider’s policy.
- History. Microgaming.
- Isle of Man Government Case Studies: Microgaming Archived 16 January 2007 at the Wayback Machine. Gov.im.
- Tusk. Microgaming.co.uk (20 September 2012).
- Linx Media Group. Microgaming.co.uk (20 September 2012).
- Mega Moolah Archived 25 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Online Casino News.
- "Biggest progressive jackpot wins". Casino Listings. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine game (nominal)". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Quickfire Games Website". Quickfire Games. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Microgaming - Pioneering the future". Youtube. Microgaming Official Youtube Channel. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Microgaming Showcases VR Roulette For Use With Oculus Rift Headset". GrizzlyG. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "SkillOnNet adds Microgaming games following integration with Quickfire". microgaming.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "January jackpot on Microgaming's Mega Moolah". microgaming.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-01-23.