Mike "Zappy" Zapolin
|Mike "Zappy" Zapolin|
|Known for||Domain Name Pioneer|
Mike "Zappy" Zapolin is an American entrepreneur who is considered a pioneer in the domain name industry. He has created Internet brands that have included Music.com, Beer.com, Computer.com, Creditcards.com, Diamond.com and PrescriptionDrugs.com. He is a public speaker and also the creator of the eBusiness elective offered at Harvard Business School. Zapolin is currently the CEO of Zappy Incorporated, a cannabis development company.
Zapolin was in direct marketing before purchasing domain names as an investment. He worked in infomercials and was even interviewed by Katie Couric on The Today Show. Zapolin began purchasing domain names in popular categories such as Beer.com – which he purchased for $80,000 – later selling it for $7 million. He also purchased Diamond.com for $300,000 and later sold it for $7.5 million. Both sales are listed among the top prices paid for domain names. During this time he was one of three people running the domain name investment company Internet Real Estate Group.
Zappy winner of the Amsterdam Film Festival’s Van Gogh award for Documentary Directing, now having over 1.5 million views on Youtube and being available on Amazon Prime and Gaia.
Mike Zapolin also is co-founder of Documercial Group, a multimedia company that captures process and protocols in photos and video for different products and services brands to create content for causes and projects that help to make a more conscious world.
- Jackson, Ron (13 March 2012). "Domain Pioneer Zappy Zapolin Filming New Documentary". Domain Name Journal. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Carey, Bridget (9 June 2010). ".Mobi mobile domain names snapped up by speculators are now all but worthless". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Cyger, Michael (19 November 2012). "Zappy's Proven Process to Extract Maximum Value from Domain names - With Michael Zapolin". Domain Sherpa. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Solomon, Jesse (1 May 2014). "Investors high on marijuana despite risks". CNN Money. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Parag, Noa (12 October 2008). "DOmain name guru Mike Zapolin: The Internet is a ray of light". Globes. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Jackson, Ron. "Dead Heads to Domain Honchos: How the Internet Real Estate Group Became the Industry's Biggest Hitmakers". Domain Name Journal. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Irvine, Chris (10 March 2010). "Top 10 most expensive domain names". The Telegraph. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Mike "Zappy" Zapolin official website
- The Reality of Truth documentary
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|