Mike Alexander (gridiron football)
|No. 89, 86|
|Date of birth:||March 19, 1965|
|Place of birth:||Manhattan, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Piscataway (NJ)|
|NFL Draft:||1988 / Round: 8 / Pick: 199|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Michael Anthony Alexander (born March 19, 1965) is a former professional gridiron football player who played for the Los Angeles Raiders and Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). After his career in the NFL, he went on to play for the Baltimore Stallions of the Canadian Football League. Alexander played collegiately at Penn State University and attended Piscataway Township High School in Piscataway, New Jersey.
Alexander was the 8th round draft pick (#199 overall) of the Los Angeles Raiders in the 1988 NFL Draft. He debuted for the Raiders in 1989. Alexander became a free agent after the 1989 season and resigned with the Raiders. He was released as part of the team's final cuts in 1991. Alexander played with the Buffalo Bills in 1991.
From 1992 to 1994, Alexander was signed by several NFL teams but didn't play in any regular season games. He returned to the Raiders for training camp in 1992 but was released before the regular season. In 1993, Alexander attended training camp with the San Francisco 49ers. He briefly signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the CFL before returning to the Los Angeles Raiders for the summer of 1994.
From 1994 to 1995, Alexander played ten games for the short-lived Baltimore Stallions of the CFL. He recorded four tackles on special teams and caught three passes for 71 yards and a touchdown. He was released from the Stallions in July 1995.
- Mike Alexander, database Football. Accessed November 24, 2007.
- Maher, Tod; Gill, Bob (2013). The Canadian Pro Football Encyclopedia: Every Player, Coach and Game, 1946–2012. Maher Sports Media. p. 142. ISBN 978-0983513667.
- Rhoden, William (October 9, 1989). "McMillan Ready for a Change". New York Times. p. C3.
- "NFL FREE AGENTS". Washington Post. February 3, 1990. p. H8.
- "NFL TRANSACTIONS". Washington Post. August 27, 1991. p. D4.
- Mihoces, Gary (November 21, 1991). "Reeves unfazed by close games as long as Broncos win them". USA Today. p. 7C.
- "TRANSACTIONS". Washington Post. August 26, 1992. p. B7.
- Weisman, Larry (August 31, 1993). "Goodbyes for now could be temporary". USA Today. p. 7C.
- Rauw, Murray (June 4, 1994). "Opportunity knocking for '94 rookie crop". Calgary Herald. p. E2.
- "NFL TRANSACTIONS". Washington Post. July 15, 1994. p. D3.
- Bonkowski, Jerry (August 31, 1994). "With expansion, league kicks around name change". USA Today. p. 8C.
- "PEOPLE TRANSACTIONS". The Gazette. July 21, 1994. p. F4.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|