|Institutions||Institution of Civil Engineers
Institution of Structural Engineers
Royal Academy of Engineering
|Projects||Channel Tunnel Rail Link, HSBC Headquarters, Hong Kong|
|Awards||IStructE Gold Medal; Frank Whittle Medal; Arup Fellowship|
Mike Glover joined Arup as a graduate of the University of Surrey in 1969 and trained as a civil and structural engineer. He worked on Foster and Partners' Hong Kong & Shanghai Bank headquarters in Hong Kong, followed by the design and execution of projects in the oil and gas industry. He subsequently became Technical Director and Deputy Project Director for the £5.8bn high speed Channel Tunnel Rail Link (CTRL), a position he has held throughout its design, construction, commissioning and handover.
Glover was made a fellow of Arup in 2006, to "recognise the highest design and technical achievements of an Arup person".
Glover was awarded the 2007 Sir Frank Whittle Medal by the Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Gold Medal of the Institution of Structural Engineers in 2008 'for his outstanding contributions to the design and construction of major multi-disciplinary projects, including tall buildings, energy projects and large transportation and infrastructure projects around the world'.
- Mike Glover (September 2007). "High Speed 1". Ingenia. Royal Academy of Engineering (32).
- "Mike Glover, Arup Fellow". Arup.
- "Arup Fellow awarded the Sir Frank Whittle Medal". Arup.
- "Channel Tunnel Rail Link engineer receives IStructE's Gold Medal for 2008". Institution of Structural Engineers.
- "Arup, Arup's Mike Glover honored with OBE".
- "University of Surrey Annual Review 2012" (PDF).