Mike May (Iowa politician)
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 6th district
January 2005 – January 2011
|Preceded by||Greg Stevens|
|Succeeded by||Jeff Smith|
|Born||June 22, 1945 (age 72)
Hobbs, New Mexico, U.S.
|Children||Mike, Lisa, and Dan|
Mike May (born June 22, 1945 in Hobbs, New Mexico) was the Iowa State Representative from the 6th District. He served in the Iowa House of Representatives from 2005 through 2011. He received his BA from Simpson College and his MS from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
May currently serves on several committees in the Iowa House – the Economic Growth committee; the Transportation committee; and the Education committee, where he is the ranking member. He also serves on the Education Appropriations Subcommittee.
May was re-elected in 2006 with 8,281 votes, running unopposed.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-12-14. Retrieved 2006-12-14.
- Representative Mike May official Iowa General Assembly site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Profile at Iowa House Republicans
|Iowa House of Representatives|
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|