|Full name||Michael Dennis Nurton|
11 January 1943 |
Botley, Oxfordshire, England
|Domestic team information|
|1977–1978||Minor Counties West|
|1974–1979||Minor Counties South|
Source: Cricinfo, 28 May 2011
Nurton made his debut for Oxfordshire in the 1963 Minor Counties Championship against Dorset. Nurton played Minor counties cricket for Oxfordshire from 1963 to 1990, which included 218 Minor Counties Championship matches and 9 MCCA Knockout Trophy matches. He made his List A debut against Worcestershire in the 1970 Gillette Cup. He played 10 further List A matches for Oxfordshire, the last coming against Leicestershire in the 1987 NatWest Trophy. By the end of his Minor counties career with Oxfordshire, he had scored 12,713 runs in the Minor Counties Championship.
Playing for Oxfordshire allowed him to represent the Minor Counties cricket teams. He first played for Minor Counties South in the 1974 Benson & Hedges Cup against Glamorgan. Nurton played 6 further List A matches for Minor Counties South, the last coming against Glamorgan in the 1979 Benson & Hedges Cup. In addition, he played 8 List A match for Minor Counties West in the 1977 Benson & Hedges Cup and 1978 Benson & Hedges Cup. He also appeared once for a combined Minor Counties cricket team in the 1982 Benson & Hedges Cup against Derbyshire. In total, Nurton played 27 List A matches in his career. In these he scored 597 runs at a batting average of 23.88, with 5 half centuries and a high score of 70. With the ball, he took 5 wickets at a bowling average of 29.80, with best figures of 2/29.
- "Minor Counties Championship Matches played by Mike Nurton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Minor Counties Trophy Matches played by Mike Nurton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "List A Matches played by Mike Nurton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- Mike, Berry (13 May 2000). "Minor Counties Championship Preview". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Player profile: Mike Nurton". CricketArchive. Retrieved 28 May 2011.