Mike Spencer Bown
Mike Spencer Bown (born c. 1969) is a Canadian traveler who extensively visited numerous locations backpacking over a span of 23 years, and was said to have been the first tourist to Mogadishu in many years. Mike, who is a resident of Calgary, Alberta and has travelled for 23 years in over 190 countries. He has been unwilling to put an exact number on the number of countries visited out of a keenness to avoid arguments about whether some of them are independent nations.
Bown has written a book about his travels, due for publication in October 2017.
- Abdinur, Mustafa Haji (2010-12-10). "Mogadishu's 'first tourist' puzzles immigration officials". Google News. AFP. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Platt, Michael (2013-10-02). "Calgary man Mike Spencer Bown becomes world's most travelled after finishing 23-year odyssey". "Toronto Sun. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "The Best Travelled - UN Master List", The Best Travelled Retrieved 21 February 2016
- Memmott, Mark (19 October 2013). "190-Plus Nations In 23 Years For World's 'Most Traveled' Man". NPR. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "The World's Most Travelled Man". Douglas & McIntyre. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
|This Canadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|