Mike Thomas (wide receiver)
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||June 4, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Bossier City, Louisiana|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||DeSoto (TX)|
|NFL draft:||2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 107|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Michael Thomas (born June 4, 1987) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Arizona.
2009 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 8 in||195 lb||4.30 s||1.44 s||2.50 s||4.28 s||6.65 s||40.5 in||10 ft 6 in||16 reps|
Thomas was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. As a rookie he started four of the 14 games in which he played, and had 48 receptions for 453 yards and a touchdown. His 48 receptions were tied with Michael Crabtree for fourth among all rookies.
A key play of his career was in a 2010 Week 10 game against the Texans. With just 3 seconds remaining in regulation and the game tied at 24, QB David Garrard launched a "Hail Mary" pass from the 50-yard line intended for Mike Sims-Walker. The ball was batted down at the goal line by Texans DB Glover Quin, and then hit Thomas in the chest. Thomas was able to grab the ball next to his left knee before it hit the ground, and he took a step forward into the end zone for the game-winning touchdown.
Thomas was cut by the Lions on August 19, 2013.
Thomas was signed by the Toronto Argonauts on November 21, 2014. He was released by the Argonauts on May 13, 2015.
- Miller, Ted. "Arizona's undersized Thomas is tall on production". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "rookie receiving stats". Nfl.com. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "video". Nfl.com. 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "Detroit Lions trade for wide receiver Mike Thomas". National Football League. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2012-10-30.
- "Lions parted with a 2014 5th round pick to the Jags in their trade for WR Mike Thomas. Detroit looking to make more moves before deadline". National Football League. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2012-10-31.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (August 19, 2013). "Mike Thomas cut by Detroit Lions after short tenure". NFL.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Rapoport, Ian (August 20, 2013). "Mike Thomas signs with Arizona Cardinals". NFL.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- Rapoport, Ian (August 20, 2013). "Texans cut veteran safety Chris Clemons, WR Mike Thomas". blog.chron.com/ulitmatetexans. Retrieved August 31, 2014.
- "2014 TRANSACTIONS". argonauts.ca. Retrieved November 21, 2014.
- Jacksonville Jaguars Bio
- Toronto Argonauts bio Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Arizona Wildcats bio