Mike Ward (comedian)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ward in September 2016
|Birth name||Michael John Ward|
|Born||September 14, 1973|
Quebec City, Quebec
|Medium||television, stand-up, radio, podcast & documentary|
|Notable works and roles||Chabot on L'Gros Show|
Henri on CNM (Simon & Henri)
Ludger (cotton ouaté avec un loup) on Testostérone
Mike Ward has appeared on television doing stand-up in 20 countries; airing throughout Europe, Africa, Australia and North America. He is a frequent guest of the Anthony Cumia Show podcast. Mike hosts 2 Drink Minimum with comedian Pantelis on Compound Media.
Ward has been the subject of controversy. At Jean-Marc Parent's 2008 Just For Laughs French gala, he made a joke about Revenu Québec, in which he mentioned Cédrika Provencher, a young girl who had been abducted in 2007 in Quebec and whose remains were found in December 2015.
Ward also joked about Jérémy Gabriel, a disabled boy with Treacher Collins syndrome. Jérémy's parents filed a complaint with the Quebec human rights commission, and the commission brought the case in front of Quebec’s Human Rights Tribunal seeking $80,000 in damages from Ward. On July 20, 2016, he was ordered to pay $42,000 ($35,000 to Jérémy, $7,000 to his mother). His attorney, Julius Grey, appealed the decision.
- 1995-1996: Besoin d'amour
- 1996: Chabada
- 1998-1999: Piment fort
- 2000: Les interdits
- 2001: CNM
- 2002: Testostérone
- 2004: Le Mike Ward Show
- 2005: L'Gros Show 1
- 2005: Locrian Mode
- 2006: L'Gros Show 2
- 2010: Caméra Café: Jimmy Shaft
- 2010: Un gars le soir
- 2012: Le Tricheur
- 2015: Mike Ward: le docu
- 2015: Nasty Show
- 2017: Le Mike Ward show
DVDs and Digital Release
- 2004: Les meilleurs moments.Testostérone. Spécial Mike Ward
- 2006: L'Gros show 1
- 2009: Haïssable
- 2013: Mike Ward s'eXpose
- 2018: Mike Ward au Bordel
- 2018: Infamous
- 2001: Vulgaire
- 2016: Pedophile Jokes & Death Threats
- 2018: Infamous
Radio and Podcasts
- 1996: Les grandes gueules:
- 2002: La gang de malades
- 2001: Full metal Boilard
- 2001- 2002: Midi Mecs comiques
- 2004 - 2005: Les grandes gueules
- 2015-: Mike Ward sous écoute
- 2015-2017: Éric et les Fantastiques
- 2016: Mike Ward is Full of Crap
- 2018: 2 Drink Minimum
- 2016 - Comedic Artist of the Year - 17th annual Canadian Comedy Awards
- 2016 - Olivier "Humoriste de l'année" (best comedian of the year) and "Capsule, chronique ou sketch humoristique web" (web series or sketch) at the French comedy awards
- 2010 - DVD Platine for the show "Haissable" (Canadian Platinum DVD - 15,000 DVDs sold)
- 2006 - Gémeaux "Meilleure Interprétation: Humour" (Gemini Award - "Best actor in a french comedy series")
- 2006 - DVD Platine (Canadian Platinum DVD - 10,000 DVDs sold)
- 2005 - Olivier "Performance Scénique de l'Année" (Performer of the year" at the French comedy awards)
- 2005 - Billet Or (Quebec Gold Ticket - 50,000 tickets sold for his one-man-show)
- 2004 - Billet Argent (Quebec Silver Ticket - 25,000 tickets sold for his one-man-show)
- 2002 - Révélation Juste Pour Rire ("Discovery of the year" at the Montreal Comedy Festival)
- 2002 - Révélation Grand Rire Bleue ("Discovery of the year" at the Quebec Comedy Festival)
- "Mike Ward speaks our languages". The Gazette. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Anthony Cumia. "Anthony Cumia Show". compoundmedia.com (Podcast). Retrieved October 2, 2016.
- "Mike Ward". Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "The Canadian Comedian on Trial Before a Human Rights Tribunal for a Mean Joke". May 13, 2016.
- Patriquin, Martin (March 23, 2016). "Comedian Mike Ward's joke about a 12-year old has landed him in court and put a brand of very edgy comedy on trial". Maclean's. Archived from the original on March 24, 2016. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
He once used Cédrika Provencher, a nine-year-old whose disappearance in 2007 was heavily covered in the media, as the butt of a joke.
- "Mike Ward devra verser 35 000 $ à Jérémy Gabriel". Ici Radio-Canada. Montreal. 20 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-21. (in French)
- Sioui, Marie-Michèle (21 July 2016). "Mike Ward condamné à une amende de 42 000 $". Le Devoir. Montreal. Retrieved 2016-07-21. (in French)
- Ward, Mike."Mike Ward is Full of Crap", Podcast.com
- Brownstein, Bill "Brownstein at Just for Laughs: Is political correctness killing comedy?",Montreal Gazette, 27 July 2018, Retrieved 29 July 2018
- "In Review: The Comedian's Guide to Survival". August 27, 2016.
- "Mike Ward, premier Québécois à gagner le prix Comedic Artist of the Year au Canadian Comedy Awards". Le Huffington Post.
- "Gala Les Olivier 2016: Mike Ward remporte l'Olivier de l'année". Le Huffington Post. May 13, 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Mike Ward plus mordant que jamais!". Québec Hebdo. September 23, 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Liste des récipiendaires par catégories". Prix gémeaux. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Prix et distinctions", Retrieved 29 July 2018
- (in French) Official Site