September 30, 1988 |
Eight Mile, Alabama
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||Mary G. Montgomery
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|2013||Salon Vilpas Vikings|
|2014||Cañeros del Este|
|2015||Frayles de Guasave|
|Career highlights and awards|
Mikhail Torrance (born September 30, 1988) is an American professional basketball player. He is a 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in) combo guard. Torrance had previously attended the University of Alabama where he played for the Crimson Tide.
Graduated from Mary G. Montgomery High School, in Semmes, Alabama...averaged 22 points, eight assists and seven rebounds as a senior...averaged 18.5 points, four rebounds and eight assists as a junior...a First-Team All-State selection in 2005 and 2006...the 2006 Mobile Optimist Club Class 6A Player of the Year...member of the First-Team of the Mobile Press-Register Sweet 16 in 2005 and 2006...an All-County selection in 2005 and 2006...scored 37 points in a game against Biloxi...made 14 assists in a game against LeFlore...played AAU ball for the Alabama Challenge (based in Birmingham)...coached by John Davis at Mary G. Montgomery High School...led the school to back-to-back 20-win seasons in 2003-04 and 2004–05
University of Alabama
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
Averaged only 3.0 points and 1.0 rebounds on the season in 11.7 minutes per game playing only 21 of Alabama's 32 games. Scored season high the 14 points against Auburn in Tuscaloosa on Feb. 24, making 5 of 10 shots from the field, 2 of 3 from three-point range and 2 of 2 at the free throw line (played a season-high 27 minutes against Auburn.
Averaged 3.3 points and 2.4 assists in 12.2 minutes per game this time played in 30 of 33 games, starting in three games. Made his first collegiate start in the Mercer game.
His junior year was his first breakout year averaged 10.0 points 2.3 assists playing 21.5 minutes per game playing 28 games this season .
As a senior Torrance had his best season averaging 15.6 points, 5.1 assists per game in 32.6 minutes playing in "Crimson Tide" 32 games .Finished only 3 out 32 games under double figures in points, scoring season high 26 on 20 November 2010 against "Providence" and season high 11 assists against LSU.His last game for the "Crimson Tide" was the loss against John Wall's Kentucky Wildcats at 2010 SEC Men's Basketball Tournament quarterfinals with Torrance lead the "Crimson Tide" in scoring (20 pts).
Torrance went undrafted in the 2010 NBA Draft although many say the reason for this wasn't his playing abilities but due to his diagnosed heart problem known as "athletic heart" which means his heart is "a little bit bigger than normal". Important to add he was cleared to play by various tests before the draft. He played on the Miami Heat's Summer League Roster but didn't received a contract offer.
He later started playing Turkish Basketball for Second League team Ormanspor.
On August 20, 2010 Torrance collapsed during the first five minutes of a light workout.
- "Player Bio: Mikhail Torrance - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site". Rolltide.com. 1988-09-30. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Mikhail Torrance #2 G. "Mikhail Torrance Stats, News, Photos - Alabama Crimson Tide - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN (2010-03-12). "Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Kentucky Wildcats - Box Score - March 12, 2010 - ESPN". Sports.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- (Associated Press photo). "Mikhail Torrance: Concerns over a 'common' heart ailment impacted NBA Draft stock | al.com". Blog.al.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "2010 NBA Summer League". NBA.com. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Former MGM, Alabama basketball star Mikhail Torrance collapses on court