|Milege World Music Festival|
|Genre||World Music, Folk music|
|Location(s)||Botanical Gardens, Entebbe|
|Organised by||Milege Band, Milege Acoustic Project|
|Website||Milege World Music Festival|
The Milege World Music Festival or just Milege Festival is an annual music festival, happening every November, organized by Milege Afrojazz Band. The festival is a celebration of world music, games, cultural dances, stories, poems, and so on. Art pieces from the Repainting Uganda project are also displayed and sold during the festival. The festival invites many different world music stars from across Africa and sometimes from Asia, Europe, and America. The Milege World Music Festival of 2014 saw Japanese world star and world's first female nyatiti player Anyango perform.
Milege started the festival in 2010, moving across Uganda, but has since 2014 relocated it to the Botanical Gardens in Entebbe.
List of Milege World Music Festivals
|2017||24-26 November||Botanical Gardens, Entebbe|
|2016||25-27 November||Botanical Gardens, Entebbe|
|2015||20-22 November||Botanical Gardens, Entebbe|
|2014||20-21 November||Botanical Gardens, Entebbe|
|2010||November||The Lake Victoria Serena Resort|
- "Milege band brings world class festival to Uganda". Observer Uganda. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "World Music Festival -'Repainting Uganda'". The Pearl Guide Uganda. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "A Musical Weekend at Milége World Music Festival". The Pearl Guide. Retrieved 2015-01-29.
- "Celebrating world music with Milege". New Vision Uganda. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "PHOTOS: Milege World Music Festival Turns Out Successful". Chimpreports. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Main stage lineup". Milege. Milege.
- "World music gets botanical platform". The observer.ug. The Observer Ug. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- "Uganda: Milege World Music Festival - Camp, Dine and Dance". The Pearl Guide. Retrieved 20 November 2014.