Mimi Thebo is an American author who lives and works in the United Kingdom. Her most recent and most successful books have been for children. Dreaming the Bear has been nominated for the 2017 Carnegie Medal named as a 'future classic' by Booktrust  and long listed for the 2017 UKLA award. Dreaming the Bear was published by Oxford University Press  in the UK in 2016 and will be published by Wendy Lamb in the USA in 2017.
Previous books have included Wipe Out, which was Sunday Times Book of the Week  and was adapted for the BBC into a BAFTA Award-Winning film by Barabara Cox. Wipe Out was published in 2002 by Harper Collins, and has been recommended for children suffering from grief by the Marie Curie Trust.
- "The CILIP Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Awards". carnegiegreenaway.org.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "School Library Pack". booktrust.org.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "UKLA Book Awards 2017 Longlists". ukla.org. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Children's book of the week - The Sunday Times". thesundaytimes.co.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- "Books about grief for teens". mariecurie.org.uk. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|