|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Vatican Library|
|Size||34 cm by 22 cm|
Minuscule 168 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), Θε31 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 13th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the four Gospels on 217 thick parchment leaves (size 34 cm by 22 cm), with Theophylact's commentary, and some lacunae (Luke 24:13-53; John 1:1-14). The beginning of the codex was destroyed by humidity.
The text is divided according to numbers of the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also a division according to the Ammonian Sections, with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
The Greek text of the codex is a mixture of text-types. Aland did not place it in any Category. According to the Claremont Profile Method it has mixed text in Luke 1, in Luke 10 it has mixture of the Byzantine text-families. In Luke 20 the manuscript is defective. It has some relationship to the cluster 1675 in Luke 1 and to group Λ.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 54.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 57.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 215.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 161.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 56. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.