|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Matthew, Mark, Luke|
|Now at||Bibliothèque nationale de France|
|Size||33 cm by 23 cm|
Minuscule 300 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), A141 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 11th century. It has marginalia.
The codex contains the text of the Gospel of Matthew, Gospel of Mark, Gospel of Luke on 328 parchment leaves (33 cm by 23 cm), with a commentary. The text is written in one column per page, in 27-28 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the left margin, and their τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. There is also another division according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 237), with references to the Eusebian Canons (written below Ammonian Section numbers).
It contains the Eusebian tables, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each Gospel, Synaxarion, Menologion, and subscriptions at the end of each Gospel. The biblical text is surrounded by a catena. On a margin were added, by a later hand, commentaries of Chrysostom's on Matthew, Victor's on Mark, and Titus of Bostra on Luke. Subscriptions to the first three Gospels are the same like that in codex 262. It has the famous Jerusalem Colophon.
The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Scholz (1794-1852). It was collated by Scholz. It was examined and described by John Anthony Cramer, Paulin Martin, and W. F. Rose.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 58.
- Aland, K.; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 65. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig. p. 177.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 228. ISBN 1-4021-6347-9.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The profile method for the classification and evaluation of manuscript evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 59. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 225.
- John Antony Cramer, Catenae Graecorum patrum in Novum Testamentum (Oxford 1844), Vol. 1, p. XXVII.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs relatifs au Nouveau Testament, conservés dans les bibliothèques de Paris (Paris 1883), p. 77