|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Gospels, Acts, Paul†|
|Now at||National Library of France|
|Size||17.5 cm by 14 cm|
Minuscule 38 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), δ 355 (Von Soden). It is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, written on vellum. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. Formerly it was labelled by 38e, 19a, 377p. The manuscript is lacunose. It has marginalia.
The codex contains text of the four Gospels, Acts and epistles on 300 parchment leaves, with some lacunae (Matthew 14:15-15:30; 20:14-21:37; Mark 12:3-13:4). The text is written 1 column per page, 30 lines per page, size 17.5 cm by 14 cm.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numerals are given at the margin, with the τιτλοι (titles of chapters) at the top of the pages. The text of the Gospels is also divided according to the smaller Ammonian Sections (in Mark 241, 16:20), but without references to the Eusebian Canons.
The Greek text of the codex is a representative of the Byzantine text-type. Kurt Aland did not place it in any Category. According to the Claremont Profile Method it represents textual family Kx in Luke 1, Luke 10, and Luke 20.
The manuscript was written on the order of Michael VIII Palaiologos (1260-1282), and was presented to the king of France Louis IX in 1269 or 1270. Wettstein rightly judged that it was used by Robert Estienne in his Editio Regia as θ'. The text of the manuscript was collated by Wettstein.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 49.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 196.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 49.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 2014-10-19.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testamentes. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs. p. 137.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wisse, Frederik (1982). The Profile Method for the Classification and Evaluation of Manuscript Evidence, as Applied to the Continuous Greek Text of the Gospel of Luke. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 53. ISBN 0-8028-1918-4.
- Jean-Pierre-Paul Martin, Description technique des manuscrits grecs, relatif au Nouveau Testament, conservé dans les bibliothèques des Paris (Paris 1883), p. 47-48
- Berger de Xivrey, "Notice d'un ms grec du XIIIe siècle conservé à la bibliothèque impériale ..." 10 (Paris, 1863).