|New Testament manuscript
|Text||Acts, Pauline epistles †|
|Now at||Bibliothèque nationale de France|
|Size||34.3 cm by 23.3 cm|
Minuscule 62 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering), α 453 (Soden), is a Greek minuscule manuscript of the New Testament, on paper leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 14th century. Formerly it was labelled by 62a and 65p. It was adapted for liturgical use. The manuscript is lacunose.
The codex contains the text of the Acts of the Apostles, Catholic epistles, and Pauline epistles on 135 paper leaves (size 34.3 cm by 23.3 cm) with two lacunae (Acts 1:1-7:34; 13:21-25). The text is written in one column per page, 35 lines per page.
The text is divided according to the κεφαλαια (chapters), whose numbers are given at the margin, and the τιτλοι (titles) at the top of the pages.
It contains Prolegomena, tables of the κεφαλαια (tables of contents) before each book, lectionary markings at the margin (for liturgical use), Synaxarion, and subscriptions at the end of each book, with numbers of stichoi. Hebrews is placed before 1 Timothy.
The manuscript came from the East. The manuscript once belonged to the Colbert,s collection. It was examined by Wettstein, Griesbach, and Scholz. Formerly it was labelled by 62a and 65p. In 1908 Gregory gave for it number 62.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1908). Die griechischen Handschriften des Neuen Testament. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 50.
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, "Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments", Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York 1994, p. 50.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs'sche Buchhandlung. p. 269.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894 (2005 reprint)). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 1 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 289. Check date values in:
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 138. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- J. J. Griesbach, Symbolae critiquae, p. 166, 188
- J. J. Griesbach, Symbolae criticae ad supplendas et corrigendas variarum Nouveau Testament lectionum collectiones (Halle, 1793), p. 166, 188.