Miquelets de Catalunya
|Miquelets de Catalunya|
|Period||War of the Spanish Succession|
|Earliest year portrayed||1705|
|Latest year portrayed||1714|
Miquelets de Catalunya is a Catalan living history and historical reenactment group founded in 2005 that reenacts several Catalan Army units from the War of the Spanish Succession. In addition to military personnel, they also portray civilian roles.
The group was founded in December 2005. It has been involved in several reenactment events, such as the battle of Torredembarra reenactment. It has also been present in international reenactment events, like the multi-period event Military Odyssey in Maidstone, England. and in "Times and Epochs 2017" in Moscow, Russia.
Regiments and units
Deputation of the General Regiment of Infantry
Vilar i Ferrer Regiment of Light Infantry
This regiment was created in 1710 by colonel Joan Vilar i Ferrer.
Sant Jordi Regiment of Cuirassiers
This regiment, named after Saint George (the patron saint of Catalonia), was created in July 1713 under the command of the Leautenant Colonel Josep Comes, a veteran of the Catalan Royal Guard of king Charles. This regiment participated on numerous episodes during the siege of Barcelona.
- The term General means the political community of the Catalans, not the military rank.
- Silvero, Noelia (2012-05-27). "Torredembarra vuelve al siglo XVIII para recrear la Fiesta de la Batalla" [Torredembarra returns to the 18th century to recreate the Festival of the Battle]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Finnigan, Lexi (2016-08-27). "Two thousands years of history re-enacted in just three days at the annual Military Odyssey in Kent". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Hernàndez Cardona & Riart 2007, p. 206.
- Hernàndez Cardona & Riart 2007, p. 192.