Mir Mohtesham Ali Khan
|Mir Mohtesham Ali Khan|
|— Bodybuilder —|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
Contest: 200 lb (91 kg)Off season: 215 lb (98 kg)
|Best win||Mr. World 2007 (Silver Medal), 2007–10|
Mir Mohtesham Ali Khan, born in Hyderabad, India, is a professional bodybuilder with multiple titles in both national and international championships. The highest title he won was Silver medal in Mr. World Body Building Championship, in the heavy weight category of 90 kg plus.
He also won the Silver medal at the Musclemania World Tour competition 2008. It is considered as a rare tribute to India. Initially, Mohtesham got a Bronze in the Musclemania championship, of USA. He was awarded the Silver medal following a dope test in which his Chinese counterpart tested positive.
Son of Mir Abul Mani Khan and Afsara Begum, Mohtesham studied at Aliya High School and Shadan College before completing his engineering in the Indo-British Academy .
Recruited into the South Central Railway under the sports quota, Mohtesham was recently appointed as the youngest coach by the Indian Body Builders Federation (IBBF) and won four medals in different categories at the Las Vegas 2010 Musclemania contest.
Mohtesham began bodybuilding in the year 1994, at the age of 14. He has made a lot of sacrifices to reach this level.
Mohtesham's daily diet includes 30 egg whites, 1 kg chicken breasts, 12 oranges, 200gm green salad, 1 cup of sweet corn, 150 gm oatmeal and 2 to 4 chapatis.
The daily routine event is split into two sessions. The morning (5-10) session is for smaller muscles like biceps, triceps, neck, calf and abdomen while the evening (5 hr) session is for chest, shoulder, thigh and back.
- Height 6' 2"
- Weight 98 kg
- Mr.World (Silver Medalist) 2008
- Indian Body Building Captain (2008 and 2009)
- Mr.Universe VIth place
- Mr.India (2 Times)
- Mr.South India (3 Times)
- Mr.South Central Railway (8 Times)
- Mr.Andhra Pradesh (9 Times)
- Mr.Hyderabad (11 Times)
He was also the captain of the 14-member Indian team, which participated in the Musclemania championship 2010 Mohtesham is the first body builder from Andhra Pradesh to be selected as the captain of Indian team by the Indian Body Building Federation.
- "indian mir mohtesham ali khan won bronze musclemania world bodybuilding". Articles.etalkindia.com. 2008-11-30. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Body builder from city dazzles at Musclemania". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2008-11-24. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Youth brings glory to city". www.hindu.com. 2008-11-24. Retrieved 2011-07-06.
- "Indian Musclemania winner charms Jeddah". www.saudigazette.com.sa. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Hyderabad body builder to lead India at Mr World competition from today". twocircles.net. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Hyderabad bodybuilder to lead India". www.rediff.com. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2011-07-03.