||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from a source, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. (December 2013)|
Miriam David FRSA FAcSS (born 9 August 1945) is a British educator. She is Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London and Associate Director of the Teaching and Learning Research Programme.
She earned a BA (Hons) in Sociology in 1966 from Leeds University. In 1975 she earned her Ph.D in Economics of Education from the University of London. In 1993, she was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), and in 1999 she was Elected Academician of the Academy of Learned Societies in the Social Sciences (AcSS).
David has held the following recent major positions:
- 1998-2005 - Visiting Professorial Fellow, Institute of Education.
- 2002-2004 - Director of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, Keele University.
- 2004-2005 - Research Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Keele University.
- 1999- 2005 - Visiting Professor of Policy Studies in Education, Keele University.
- 2004-2006 - Professor of Education, Institute of Education, The School of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies.
- 2007 (March–April) - ESRC/SSRC Fellowship as Visiting Professor at Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Faculty of Education.
- 2004-2008 - Associate Director, TLRP
In her current role(s) at the Institute of Education, Miriam is responsible for research projects on widening participation and learning within higher education as well as issues around social diversity and difference across all levels of education, including lifelong learning. She is also a supervisor for research students and education doctoral students in The School of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies (EFPS).
- Reay, Diane (3 November 2005). "(Un)rankings and degrees. Review of Degrees of Choice: Social Class, Race and Gender in Higher Education". Diverse Issues in Higher Education. Retrieved 10 July 2008.
- Adenekan, Shola (9 August 2006). "Parents meddling in student life". BBC News. Retrieved 10 July 2008.
- World Who's Who profile for Miriam David; retrieved 10 July 2008.
- Institute of Education – Dept of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies – Miriam E. David BA (Hons.,) PhD, AcSS, FRSA; retrieved 10 July 2008.