A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||9 August 1945|
|Alma mater||University of Leeds|
University of London
|Employer||Institute of Education|
|Title||Associate Director of Teaching and Learning Research Programme|
Miriam David FRSA FAcSS (born 9 August 1945) is a British educator. She is Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London and Associate Director of the Teaching and Learning Research Programme.
Education and career
David earned a BA (Hons) in Sociology in 1966 from the University of Leeds. In 1975, she earned her Ph.D in Economics of Education from the University of London. In 1993, she was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (RSA), and in 1999 she was Elected Academician of the Academy of Learned Societies in the Social Sciences (AcSS).
David has held the following recent major positions:
- 1998-2005 - Visiting Professorial Fellow, Institute of Education.
- 2002-2004 - Director of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, Keele University.
- 2004-2005 - Research Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Keele University.
- 1999- 2005 - Visiting Professor of Policy Studies in Education, Keele University.
- 2004-2006 - Professor of Education, Institute of Education, The School of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies.
- 2007 (March–April) - ESRC/SSRC Fellowship as Visiting Professor at Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Faculty of Education.
- 2004-2008 - Associate Director, Teaching and Learning Research Programme
In April 2016, David was one of 82 Jewish members and supporters of the Labour Party and of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership who wrote an open letter to The Guardian stating that they "do not accept that antisemitism is 'rife' in the Labour party" and that "these accusations are part of a wider campaign against the Labour leadership, and they have been timed particularly to do damage to the Labour party and its prospects in elections in the coming week."
- "Labour, antisemitism and where Jeremy Corbyn goes from here". The Guardian. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
- Reay, Diane (3 November 2005). "(Un)rankings and degrees. Review of Degrees of Choice: Social Class, Race and Gender in Higher Education". Diverse Issues in Higher Education. Retrieved 10 July 2008.
- Adenekan, Shola (9 August 2006). "Parents meddling in student life". BBC News. Retrieved 10 July 2008.
- World Who's Who profile for Miriam David; retrieved 10 July 2008.
- Institute of Education – Dept of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies – Miriam E. David BA (Hons.,) PhD, AcSS, FRSA; retrieved 10 July 2008.