Pete Dalton performing at Amnesia, 2012
|Birth name||Pete Dalton|
|Genres||Hip hop, grime, urban music|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, radio presenter, actor|
|Show||MistaJam (main show)|
|Station(s)||BBC Radio 1Xtra|
|Time slot||19:00 – 22:00, Monday - Thursday|
|Show||MistaJam (1Xtra Takeover)|
|Station(s)||BBC Radio 1/BBC Radio 1Xtra (simulcast)|
|Time slot||19:00 – 22:00, Saturday|
|Style||Electronica (Bass music, Dubstep), Grime|
Born in Nottingham, MistaJam grew up listening to the records of his parents and began DJing at local events at the age of 14, going on to DJ for Nottingham hip hop crew Out Da Ville and for a local pirate radio station. With associate Joe Buhdha, he ran SureShot Entertainment organising the UK Takeover events.
His show on BBC Radio 1, is broadcast on Saturday nights between 7 pm - 10pm and is broadcast simultaneously on BBC Radio 1Xtra. Musically, the show is multi genre with a slant towards Electronic Music and Urban Music genres. 
His BBC Radio 1Xtra show is broadcast Monday to Thursday between 7 p.m.-10 p.m. The show covers the new urban music across a "broad spectrum" of genres represented in 1Xtra's remit and was intended to bridge the gap not only between the mainstream and specialist worlds but also between genres.
MistaJam also featured on a track with Knife Party in 2012, named "Sleaze" which contains MistaJam singing "until they kick us out, until they kick us out, until they kick us out, people move your feet" with audio effects applied to his voice.
Since the end of 2015, he's also been hosting his show on Pitbull's Sirius XM's Globalization Channel 4 (Saturdays 8-10 PM EST/ Sundays 10 am - 12.00 pm EST), spreading his eclectic sound to a global audience for the first time.
On 16 May 2016, MistaJam performed a set live at Victoria Park in Leicester for the victory parade after Leicester City won the Premier League title.
On 2 January 2017, MistaJam took over the 7pm – 9pm slot on BBC Radio 1 whilst Annie Mac was on maternity leave.
- "Radio 1 welcomes new talent to revamped evening schedule" (Press release). BBC Press Office. 14 August 2008. Retrieved 21 November 2008.
- "About MistJam, Pete Dalton MistaJam". Mistajam.com. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- BBC Radio 1Xtra. "BBC 1xtra – features – hip hop – UK Takeover 5". Retrieved 21 November 2008.
- "Radio 1 Programmes - MistaJam". BBC. 20 February 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Sleaze (feat. Mistajam) by Knife Party on Beatport".
- "MistaJam To Host U.K. Connect on Pitbull's Globalization Channel on SiriusXM". All Access. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "MistaJam takes over from Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 5 January 2017.