Mizushima Rinkai Railway
The Mizushima Rinkai Railway (水島臨海鉄道? Mizushima Rinkai Tetsudō, "Mizushima Seaside Railway") is a third-sector railway company based in Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan. The company took over operation of three former Kurashiki City Transportation Bureau lines in 1970. It mainly transports freight for the industrial area around the Port of Mizushima, but also operates a passenger service.
Diesel multiple units
- KiHa 20 x1
- MRT300 x6
- KiHa 30 x1
- KiHa 37 x3
- KiHa 38 x1
In 2013, the company purchased six former KiHa 30, KiHa 37, and KiHa 38 diesel multiple unit (DMU) cars, which formerly operated on the JR East Kururi Line in Chiba Prefecture until they were withdrawn in December 2012. These entered service from 12 May 2014.
The KiHa 20 diesel car KiHa 205 is scheduled to be withdrawn following its last day in service on 19 March 2017.
- Class DE70 x1 (DE70 1)
- Class DD500 x2 (DD501 and DD506)
|This section does not cite any sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 11.2 km Mizushima Main Line (水島本線?) between Kurashikishi, Mitsubishi-Jikō-Mae, and Kurashiki Freight Terminal opened in 1943 to serve an aircraft factory. In 1947, the line was transferred to the city of Mizushima for industrial development, and a passenger service between Kurashiki and Mizushima commenced the following year.
CTC signalling was commissioned between Kurashiki and Mizushima in 1971, and the passenger service was extended to Mitsubishi-Jikō-Mae the following year.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. p. 169. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- キハ30、キハ37、キハ38の6両を購入した車両が到着しました!! [6 purchased KiHa30/37/38 cars arrive safely!]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: Mizushima Rinkai Railway. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- 「キハ37、38、30形式」の運転開始について [Start of KiHa30/37/38 operations]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: Mizushima Rinkai Railway. 14 April 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- 水島臨海キハ205 ラストランとなる特別運行実施 [Last run of Mizushima Rinkai Railway KiHa 205]. Tetsudo Hobidas (in Japanese). Japan: Neko Publishing Co., Ltd. 2 February 2017. Archived from the original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mizushima Rinkai Railway.|
- Official website (in Japanese)