|Member of the Nevada Senate
from the 2nd district
|Preceded by||Maggie Carlton|
|Member of the Nevada Assembly
from the 28th district
2004 - 2010
|Preceded by||Vonne S. Chowning|
|Succeeded by||Lucy Flores|
August 9, 1961 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
Moises "Mo" Denis (born August 9, 1961) is an American politician. A member of the Democratic Party, he has served in the Nevada Senate since 2010. He was previously a member of the Nevada Assembly, serving from 2004 to 2010.
Denis was born in New York City to parents who had immigrated from Cuba.
Denis is Mormon. He served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Uruguay. He studied at Brigham Young University. He has also served as a bishop in the LDS Church as well as in other positions. He is a cousin of United States Senator from Florida Marco Rubio.
After the 2012 elections, Denis was chosen by his colleagues to lead the Democratic Caucus as Majority Leader.
- Haberman, Maggie. "Rubio went to a Mormon church as a kid". Politico. Retrieved 26 February 2012.
- Zurcher, Anthony (February 23, 2016). "Marco Rubio returns to his roots in Nevada". BBC News. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
Michelle's older brother, Moises Denis, didn't attend the Sunday night rally and, as a Democratic politician representing Las Vegas in the Nevada Senate, is on the opposite side of the political divide from his relative.
- 8newsnow.com "Steve Sebelius: Horsford Making a Congressional Move?" http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15372333/steve-sebelius-horsford-making-a-congressional-move?clienttype=printable/
- Las Vegas Sun http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/dec/19/mo-denis-target-suit-challenging-public-employees-/
- Nevada General Assembly - Moises (Mo) Denis
- Project Vote Smart - Assembly Member Moises 'Mo' Denis (NV) profile
- Follow the Money - Mo Denis
|This article about a Nevada politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|