|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
In the past computers needed to be disconnected from their internal network if they needed to be taken or moved anywhere. Mobile architecture allows maintaining this connection whilst during transit. Each day the number of mobile devices is increasing, mobile architecture is the pieces of technology needed to create a rich, connected user experience. Currently there is a lack of uniform interoperability plans and implementation. There is a lack of common industry view on architectural framework. This increases costs and slows down 3rd party mobile development. An open approach is required across all industries to achieve same end results and services.
Important components of a mobile architecture
- Scalability – A Mobile Architecture must be able to be utilized with all recovery requirements on both large and small scale.
- Secure – Encryption is important, transmission protocols must support encryption (SSL) via secure transit such as HTTPS
- Reliable – Reliability is always important in all technologies and mobile architecture is no different.
The basic and detail architecture of the Mobile device consists of Hardware and Software architecture. The main hardware components of the mobile phone is the application processor that controls all other components of the device such as display, keypad, power, audio , video etc. The radio signals are handled by base band processor which in turn communicates with other processors to use their functionality. Power and audio processor controls the functioning of speaker and microphone with the help of application processor. Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) contains the details about the subscriber.
- Data should be populated for database views
- Use version numbers to track updates during synchronization
- Maintain only necessary user details in middle ware
- The application should recognize when CPU battery is low and adjust background running to low to extend battery power
- UI on multiple screens should have common elements
A consortium of companies are pushing for products and services to be based on open, global standards, protocols and interfaces and are not locked to proprietary technologies. The applications layer to be bearer agnostic (examples: GSM, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, UMTS). The architecture framework and service enablers will be independent of operating systems. There will be support for interoperability of applications and platforms, seamless geographic and intergenerational roaming.
- A Proposed Mobile Architecture for Distributed Database Environment (1997) O. Bukhres, S. Morton, P. Zhang, E. Vanderdijs, C. Crawley
- Best Practices: Extending Enterprise Applications to Mobile Devices (1997) The Architecture Journal : Journal 14 Kulathumani Hariharan
Also: Mobile Architecture – architecture, a tipe of building or building components;(transform, move, adapt, interact)
|This article about wireless technology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|