From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up model, Model, or modeling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Model, modeling or modelling may refer to:
- Conceptual model, a representation of a system using general rules and concepts
- Scientific model, a simplified and idealized understanding of physical systems
- Physical model, a physical copy of an object such as a globe or model airplane
- Scale model, a physical representation of an object which maintains general relationships between its constituent aspects
- 3D model, a representation of any three-dimensional surface via specialized software
- Model (mathematical logic), in model theory, a set along with a collection of finitary operations, and relations that are defined on it
- Model theory, the study of mathematical structures using tools from mathematical logic
- Computer model, a simulation to reproduce behavior of a system
- Conceptual model (computer science), a representation of entities and relationships between them
- Mathematical model, a representation of a system using mathematical concepts and language
- Solid modeling, a consistent set of principles for mathematical and computer modeling of three-dimensional solids
- Statistical model, in applied statistics, a parameterized set of probability distributions
- Economic model, a theoretical construct representing economic processes by a set of variables and a set of relationships between them.
- Model organism is a non-human species that is extensively studied to understand particular biological phenomena
- Model (people), a person in a role to promote, display, or advertise commercial products or to serve as a visual aide for people who are creating works of art.
- Model (art), a person who poses for a visual artist as part of the creative process.
- Model (surname), various people with the name.
- Role model, a person who serves as a behavioural or moral example to others.
- Rick Martel (born 1956), professional wrestler known as "The Model".
- Eddie Taubensee (born 1968), baseball player who was known as "The Model".
Arts and entertainment
- Model (manhwa), a manhwa (comic book) series by Lee So Young
- Model (TV series), a 1997 South Korean television series
- Model art, painting, engraving or sculpture in much-smaller-than-usual sizes
- Models, a 1999 film by Ulrich Seidl
- The Model, a novel by Norwegian writer Lars Saabye Christensen
- Model (band), a rock group from Turkey
- Models (band), an alternative rock group from Australia
- The Models, an English punk band
- "Das Model", a song by the German band Kraftwerk
- "Model," a song by Avail from their 1994 Dixie (album)
- Model (product), an identifier of a product given by its manufacturer (also called model number)
- Business model, a framework of the business logic of a firm
- Car model, a particular brand of vehicle sold under a marque by a manufacturer
Psychology and neurology
- Modelling (psychology), learning by imitating or observing a person's behavior
- Internal model (motor control), a neural process that simulates the response of the motor system in order to estimate the outcome of a motor command
- Mental model, someone's thought process about how something works
- Model, Colorado, an unincorporated town in the United States
- Model, Masovian Voivodeship, east-central Poland
- Modeling (NLP), neurolinguistic programing process of adopting the behaviors and beliefs of another person
- MODEL or Movement for Democracy in Liberia, a rebel group in Liberia
- All pages beginning with "Model"
- All pages with titles containing Model
- Modell (disambiguation)
- Mode (disambiguation)
- Model-driven (disambiguation), especially in software design
- Remodeling (disambiguation)
- Standard model (disambiguation)
- System model (disambiguation)
- Miniature faking, a photograph of a life-size location or object made to look like a photograph of a miniature scale model
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Model.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.