From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up model, Model, or modeling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Model, modeling or modelling may refer to:
- Conceptual model, a representation of a system using general rules and concepts
- Physical model, a physical copy of an object such as a globe or model airplane
- Scale model, a physical representation of an object which maintains general relationships between its constituent aspects
- Scientific model, a simplified and idealized understanding of physical systems
Math, science and engineering
- 3D model, a representation of any three-dimensional surface via specialized software
- Computer model, a simulation to reproduce behavior of a system
- Conceptual model (computer science), a representation of entities and relationships between them
- Economic model, a theoretical construct representing economic processes by a set of variables and a set of relationships between them.
- Mathematical model, a representation of a system using mathematical concepts and language
- Model (mathematical logic), in model theory, a set along with a collection of finitary operations, and relations that are defined on it, satisfying a given collection of axioms
- Model organism is a non-human species that is extensively studied to understand particular biological phenomena
- Model theory, the study of mathematical structures using tools from mathematical logic
- Solid modeling, a consistent set of principles for mathematical and computer modeling of three-dimensional solids
- Statistical model, in applied statistics, a parameterized set of probability distributions
- Surrogate model, a programmed mathematical entity, physically or empirically based, that represents a designable engineering device or system; sometimes designating "mapped coarse model" in space mapping
- Model (art), a person who poses for a visual artist as part of the creative process.
- Model (person), a person in a role to promote, display, or advertise commercial products or to serve as a visual aide for people who are creating works of art.
- Model (surname), various people with the name.
- Role model, a person who serves as a behavioural or moral example to others.
- Eddie Taubensee (born 1968), baseball player who was known as "The Model".
- Rick Martel (born 1956), professional wrestler known as "The Model".
Arts and entertainment
- Model (manhwa), a manhwa (comic book) series by Lee So Young
- Model (TV series), a 1997 South Korean television series
- Model art, painting, engraving or sculpture in much-smaller-than-usual sizes
- Models, a 1999 film by Ulrich Seidl
- The Model, a novel by Norwegian writer Lars Saabye Christensen
- "Das Model", a song by the German band Kraftwerk
- Model (band), a rock group from Turkey
- Model, a song by Simply Red from their 1991 album Stars
- "Model," a song by Avail from their 1994 Dixie (album)
- Models (band), an alternative rock group from Australia
- The Models, an English punk band
- Business model, a framework of the business logic of a firm
- Car model, a particular brand of vehicle sold under a marque by a manufacturer
- Model (product), an identifier of a product given by its manufacturer (also called model number)
Psychology and neurology
- Internal model (motor control), a neural process that simulates the response of the motor system in order to estimate the outcome of a motor command
- Mental model, someone's thought process about how something works
- Modelling (psychology), learning by imitating or observing a person's behavior
- Model, Colorado, an unincorporated town in the United States
- Model, Masovian Voivodeship, east-central Poland
- Modeling (NLP), neurolinguistic programing process of adopting the behaviors and beliefs of another person
- MODEL or Movement for Democracy in Liberia, a rebel group in Liberia
- All pages beginning with "Model"
- All pages with titles containing Model
- Miniature faking, a photograph of a life-size location or object made to look like a photograph of a miniature scale model
- Mode (disambiguation)
- Model-driven (disambiguation), especially in software design
- Modell (disambiguation)
- Remodeling (disambiguation)
- Standard model (disambiguation)
- System model (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Model.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.