This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
24 February 1949 |
|Employer||Instituto Peruano de Energía Nuclear in Lima, Peru|
Modesto Montoya (born 24 February 1949) is a nuclear physicist past president of the Peruvian Institute for Nuclear Energy in Lima, Peru. He is past president and a member of the Peruvian Academy of Nuclear Sciences, past president of the Peruvian Physical Society and member for Peruvian National Academy of Sciences.
Montoya holds a BSc, a Lic. a MSc in physics from the National University of Engineering, a DEA, a doctorat de 3eme cycle and a doctorat d'Etat from the Paris-Sud 11 University. He is affiliated as professor to the National University of Engineering and he teaches scientific and technological subjects at Centro de Preparación para la Ciencia y Tecnología (Ceprecyt). 
Montoya's research work was on cold fission at the CEA Saclay and he participated in the discovery of nucleon-pair breaking in cold fission, phenomenum studied also by Hervé Nifenecker in cold fission of uranium 233, uranium 235 and plutonium 239. He also studied the mass and kinetic energy distribution of fragments in cold fission
Between 1985 and 1986 he was guest scientist at (GSI) in Darmstadt in the group led by Peter Armbruster, dedicated to research on transuranides nuclei. At GSI published his work on Coulomb and shell effects in low energy fission.,
As guest scientist at the Institut de Physique Nucléaire, Orsay, in the Bernard Borderie's group, he participated in research on deeply inelastic collisions. He was also invited by the Carnegie-Mellon Institute in the Morton Kaplan group dedicated to ternary fragmentations in nuclear collisions.
Promoting science and technology
||This section contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (August 2009)|
Montoya has had his opinions on science and technology published in a number of articles in the main Peruvian newspapers. As part of his promotional activities he found the International Scientific Meeting (ECI) for which is recognized by international institutions.Encuentro Científico Internacional
- de Preparación para la Ciencia y Tecnología – CEPRECYT (San Antonio, Miraflores, Lima, LM, Perú) http://www.ceprecyt.org/title=Centro de Preparación para la Ciencia y Tecnología – CEPRECYT (San Antonio, Miraflores, Lima, LM, Perú) Check
|url=value (help). Missing or empty
-  C. Signarbieux et al.. "Evidence for nucleon pair breaking even in the coldest scission configurations of 234U and 236U", Journal de Physique Lettres Vol 42, No 19 /1981, doi:10.1051/jphyslet:019810042019043700, pp. 437–440
-  M. Montoya. Journal de Physique, Volume 44 /1983, doi:10.1051/jphys:01983004407078500, pp. 785–790
-  H. Nifenecker et al.. "A combinatorial analysis of pair-breaking in fission", Lecture Notes in Physics, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Volume 158/1982, doi:10.1007/BFb0021503, pp. 1616–6361
-  Montoya, M. "Mass and kinetic energy distribution in cold fission of 233U, 235U and 239Pu induced by thermal neutrons", Zeitschrift für Physik A, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Vol 319, No 2 / June 1984, doi:10.1007/BF01415636, pp. 219–225
-  Münzenberg, G. et al.. "Attempt to synthesize element 110 by fusion of 64Ni + 208Pb", GSI Annual Report GSI-86-1/ 1985, p. 29.
-  Hofman, S. et al.. "Nuclear Physics" A, Volume 447/January 1986, DOI: 10.1016/0375-9474(86)90615-9, pp. 335–346.
-  Modesto Montoya, "Shell and coulomb effects in thermal neutron induced cold fission of U-233, U-235, and Pu-239", Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids, Volume 93, Issue 1–4 March 1986 , pages 9 – 12
-  M. Montoya et al., "Coulomb effects in low energy fission" Zeitschrift für Physik A, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Vol 325, No 3/September 1986, doi:10.1007/BF01294620, pp. 357–362
-  B. Borderie et al.. "Deeply inelastic collisions as a source of intermediate mass fragments at E/A=27 MeV", Physics Letters B, Vol. 205 /1988, pp. 26–29
-  Emanuele Vardaci et al. "Search for ternary fragmentation in the reaction 856 MeV 98Mo+51V: kinematic probing of intermediate-mass-fragment emissions", Physics Letters B, Volume 480, Issues 3–4 /May 2000, doi:10.1016/S0370-2693(00)00407-X, pp. 239–244
-  M. Montoya et al., "Effects of Neutron Emission on Fragment Mass and Kinetic Energy Distribution from Thermal Neutron-Induced Fission of 235U", "AIP Conference Proceedings", American Institute of Physics, Volume 947/October 2007, doi:10.1063/1.2813826, pp. 326–329
- M. Montoya, E. Saettone, J. Rojas, "Monte Carlo Simulation for fragment mass and kinetic energy distribution from neutron-induced fission of U 235" , Revista Mexicana de Física 53 (5) 366–370, oct 2007
- M. Montoya, J. Rojas, I. Lobato, "Neutron emission effects on final fragments mass and kinetic energy distribution from low energy fission of U 234", Revista Mexicana de Física, 54(6) dic 2008