Mohan De Silva
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from http://medical.sjp.ac.lk/index.php/news-13 ( · ), possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. (February 2017)|
|Mohan De Silva|
|Born||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|Education||Nalanda College Colombo|
|Known for||Chairman University Grants Commission (Sri Lanka)
Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Early life and education
After completing earlier education at St. Thomas' College Gurutalawa, De Silva moved to Nalanda College Colombo for his secondary education. He then entered the University of Ceylon's, Colombo Medical Faculty in early 1970s, graduating as a medical doctor. De Silva holds an MBBS, MS, FRCS (Edin) and FCSSL.
While at school Mohan played for the Nalanda College first XI cricket team as an all-rounder and a right arm leg-spinner. De Silva also captained the University of Ceylon cricket team in the Sara Trophy Tournament, whilst being a medical student, in the 1970s.
De Silva was the Dean of the Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Sri Jayewardenepura, being a Professor of Surgery.
He was the 22nd President of the College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka.
- The plot thickens[not in citation given]
- SRI LANKAN FACULTY[not in citation given]
- "New head of surgeons was a fine sportsman by Premasara Epasinghe". Dailynews. 12 January 2004. Archived from the original on 13 January 2004. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- SUTURE The Newsletter of the College of Surgeons of Sri Lanka[not in citation given]
- "New Dean Appointed". Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Sri Jayewardenepura. 28 May 2011. Archived from the original on 12 May 2011. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh College News". The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. 2011. Retrieved 19 March 2012.[dead link]
- "Committee to probe J'pura University issues". Dailynews. 2012-01-11. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "College of Surgeons annual sessions: Number of pre-congress workshops held". Dailynews. 18 August 2003. Archived from the original on 28 August 2003. Retrieved 19 March 2012.