May 26, 1982 |
Vallejo, California, U.S.
|Other names||Monique, Briana Burke, Alexandra, Savannah Moore|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||105 lb (48 kg; 7.5 st)|
Alexander began working in the adult industry as a stripper in Sacramento when she was 18 years old to supplement her daytime earnings as a receptionist. She appeared in several adult magazines with her first photo shoot being with Earl Miller. She started performing in adult films in 2001 beginning with a girl-girl scene in Hot Showers Number 2, and she became a contract girl for Sin City in that same year. In addition to a catalog of solely girl-girl hardcore work, she appeared in a handful of softcore erotic films produced by HBO and Cinemax such as Hotel Erotica, The Sex Spa, Sex House, and Voyeur: Inside Out. She also became a solo and girl-girl Internet nude model.
Alexander was a contract girl for Vivid Entertainment from 2004 to 2009. After years of appearing only in girl-girl scenes, she began appearing in boy-girl scenes in 2005, including an interactive DVD and a feature role with Rocco Siffredi in Vivid's Lexie and Monique Love Rocco. She had her breasts augmented in December 2010. She was a Trophy Girl at the 2002 AVN Awards ceremony in Las Vegas.
She was invited to the Fox News show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld to discuss a nonpartisan study that found that abstinence-only programs for teens do not work, whereas safe sex education programming was highly successful. Alexander discussed what being a Vivid Girl meant to her as well as her preference for hands-on sex education, which aired on November 10, 2007. On February 15, 2008, she and Ron Jeremy represented the industry in a debate at Yale University against pornography opponents Craig Gross (founder of the XXX Church) and Donnie Pauling, a former porn producer, and the debate was aired on ABC’s Nightline.
In 2017, Alexander starred in a public service campaign encouraging parents to discuss sexual health education with their children, noting that children are likely to see pornography at some point in their childhood, and need to be informed that what is portrayed in pornography is an unrealistic representation of sexual behavior.
|2008||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Sex Scene||Sex & Violins||Won|
|2008||AVN Award||Best Group Sex Scene||Debbie Does Dallas... Again||Won|
|2009||AVN Award||Best Couples Sex Scene||Cry Wolf||Won|
|2011||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene||Meow!||Won|
|2017||AVN Award||AVN Hall of Fame||N/A||Won|
- "Monique Alexander". IAFD.
- "Vivid Signs Monique Alexander to Exclusive Deal". AVN. 30 November 2004. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Class of 2017: The AVN Hall of Fame's Newest Inductees". AVN. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "Monique Alexander Joins Rising Star PR". AVN. 2009-08-27. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- Tony Farinella (2008-01-21). "411 Movies Interview: Vivid's Monique Alexander". 411mania.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Harden, Nathan (2012). Sex and God at Yale: Porn, Political Correctness, and a Good Education Gone Bad. Macmillan. p. 25. ISBN 978-1-250-013545.
- Matt Peri (2002-04-28). "Monique Alexander Interview". AdultDVDEmpire.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-13. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- Voyeur: Inside Out on IMDb
- "Monique Alexander Now a Free Agent". XBIZ. 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Spider's Web". IMDb. 16 July 2008. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Entourage". IMDb. 18 July 2004. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Porn Stars Featured on HBO's 'Entourage'". AVN. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Monique Alexander Garners Weekly XM Radio Gig". XBIZ. 2007-10-07. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Monique Alexander Believes in Hands-On Sex Education". Adult Film Database. 2007-11-12.
- "Vivid Star Monique Alexander Appears on Fox News". XBIZ. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "Sex Week at Yale Schedules a ``Vivid Day with Appearances by Top Adult Stars and.." (Press release). New Haven, CT: Reuters. Vivid Entertainment. 2008-02-11. Archived from the original on 2008-03-05. Retrieved 2015-04-21.
- "Yale Grants Self One Week of Fun". thecrimson.com. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Crank: High Voltage on IMDb
- "The 50 porn stars turned movie stars". gamesradar.com. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Why This Porn Star Wants Parents to Talk to Their Kids About Sex". Men's Health. June 6, 2017.
- "Porn star Monique Alexander warns parents to inform their kids about sex ... before she does". Toronto Sun. June 2, 2017.
- "Monique Alexander Gets March CHERI Cover". AVN. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- "2008 AVN Award Winners Announced". Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- David Sullivan (2009-01-11). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monique Alexander.|