|Publisher(s)||Nowhere Studios (Steam)|
Merge Games (Retail)
Set in an alternate universe, Monochroma tells the story of two little boys, brothers, who fly a kite. While the older brother watches over the younger, the younger brother injures himself. This means the older brother must carry the younger brother. The brothers soon witness something truly awful. Alone in the storm, they must survive six hours of devilishly clever puzzles in order to save their world from tyranny.
The game was first announced at GDC 2013. To acquire sufficient funding for the game, the project was first revealed on crowdfunding website Kickstarter to reach a goal of US$80,000, and successfully exceeded the goal, acquiring $84,644. The game was approved on Steam Greenlight on September 19, 2013 and released on May 28, 2014.
Tom Mc Shea of GameSpot gave the game 4/10, stating that "most of the later puzzles demanding precision that's just not possible" and "there are too many problems heaping frustration upon you". Hardcore Gamer gave it a 3.5/5, saying: "The colorless world may have drained the life from everything in it, but its endless challenges can’t leech the determination of a boy intent on keeping his brother safe."  Niche Gamer believed that "platforming fans will feel disappointed, and puzzlers may not feel the game is quite satisfying enough. The overall experience, however, is good enough, just." 
- Nisli, Orcun (24 June 2013). "The Path to Monochroma: Platformer Design Elements". Gamasutra. UBM Tech. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Clark, Richard (2 April 2013). "The 10 Best Games at GDC 2013". Paste. Wolfgang's Vault. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "Monochroma is now available for Xbox One". majornelson.com. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- Gronnings, Dimi (2014-12-19). "Monochroma Review—A Hobbled Trajectory". Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- Turi, Tim (27 March 2013). "Nowhere Studios' Puzzle Platformer Feels Like The Next Limbo". Game Informer. GameStop. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- Nowhere Studios (2013-07-10). "Monochroma". Kickstarter. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (2013-09-21). "Superhot is an FPS where time only moves when you do". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 2014-06-07.
- Mc Shea, Tom (26 May 2014). "Monochroma Review: Stuck in the dark". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Beaudette, Matt (27 May 2014). "Review: Monochroma". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 20 June 2014.