This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TYO: 3064|
|Industry||Internet, online retailing|
|Founded||October 19, 2000|
|Headquarters||Amagasaki, Hyogo, Japan|
|Masaya Suzuki (President)|
|Revenue||¥34.556 billion (FY2013) |
|¥3.885 billion (FY2013) |
|¥2.289 billion (FY2013) |
|Total assets||¥14.505 billion (FY2013) |
|Total equity||¥7.282 billion (FY2013) |
|Parent||W. W. Grainger, Inc.|
MonotaRO sells Maintenance, repair, and operations products through internet and catalogs, targeting small and mid-sized manufacturing companies. MonotaRO sells various product categories such as Personal protective equipment, hand tools, fasteners, and lab supplies. It has more than 1 million customers in Japan.
The company name MonotaRO is an acronym for Maintenance, Repair & Operations. It also means to have sufficient number of products in Japanese. It is also a play on the name of the Japanese hero Momotaro.
In 2013, MonotaRO began web-based sales in Singapore. In 2014 web-based sales expanded to Malaysia, Thailand, and Australia.
Now they ship to following countries. (countries names are arranged alphabetically)
Bangladesh / Bhutan / Brunei Darussalam / Cambodia / Cook Islands / East Timor / Fiji / Indonesia / Kiribati / Lao People's Democratic Republic / Malaysia / Maldives / Marshall Islands / Micronesia, Federated States of / Mongolia / Myanmar (Burma) / Nauru / Nepal / Pakistan / Palau / Papua New Guinea / Philippines / Samoa / Singapore / Solomon Islands / Sri Lanka / Taiwan / Thailand / Tonga / Tuvalu / Vanuatu / Vietnam
- 2000 - Sumitomo and W. W. Grainger, Inc. founded a company as joint venture in Japan
- 2001 - Website launch, which began and nationwide sales
- 2004 - Start selling private label (MonotaRO, Otokomae-MonotaRO, and Osaka-Spirit)
- 2006 - Launch IHC MonotaRO, targeting private use customers
- 2006 - Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 2009 - W. W. Grainger, Inc. acquired a majority ownership of the company 
- 2013 - Started service in Singapore
- 2014 - Started service in Malaysia, Thailand, and Australia
- "Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended December 31)" (PDF). MonotaRO Co.,Ltd. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2013-02-15.