List of Morrissey personnel
Since the break-up of The Smiths, Morrissey has worked with several different musicians throughout his career as a solo artist. The following is a list of musicians and personnel for each of his solo albums.
|Name||Years active||Instrument(s)||Release contributions|
|Morrissey||1988–present||lead vocals||All Morrissey releases|
|Boz Boorer||1991–present||guitar||All Morrissey releases from Your Arsenal to present|
|Jesse Tobias||2005–present||guitar||All Morrissey releases from Live at Earls Court to present|
|Mando Lopez||2014–present||bass||Morrissey tour late 2014 to present|
|Matt Walker||2007–present||drums||All Morrissey releases from Years of Refusal to present|
|Gustavo Manzur||2012–present||keyboards||All Morrissey releases from World Peace Is None of Your Business to present|
|Name||Year(s) active||Instrument(s)||Release contributions|
|Vini Reilly||1988-1990||guitar, keyboard||Viva Hate (1988)|
|Mark E. Nevin||1990-1991||guitar||Kill Uncle (1991)|
|Alain Whyte||1991-2009||guitar, backing vocals||All Morrissey releases from Your Arsenal to Ringleader of the Tormentors.
He co-wrote a plurality of tracks on Years of Refusal but did not perform on that album.
|Stephen Street||1988-1990||bass, guitar, keyboard||Viva Hate (1988)
He also co-wrote a majority of tracks that appeared on the compilation album Bona Drag.
|Mark Bedford||1990-1991||bass||Kill Uncle (1991)|
|Gary Day||1991-93, 2003-06||bass||All Morrissey releases from Your Arsenal to Beethoven Was Deaf and You Are the Quarry to Ringleader of the Tormentors.|
|Jonny Bridgwood||1993-1997||bass||All Morrissey releases from Vauxhall and I to Maladjusted|
|Andrew Paresi||1988-1990||drums||All Morrissey releases from Viva Hate to Kill Uncle|
|Spencer Cobrin||1991-93, 1995-97||drums||All Morrissey releases from Your Arsenal to Beethoven Was Deaf and Southpaw Grammar to Maladjusted.|
|Woodie Taylor||1993-1994||drums||Vauxhall and I (1994)|
|Dean Butterworth||2003-2005||drums||All Morrissey releases from You Are the Quarry to Live at Earls Court.|
|Matt Chamberlain||2005-2006||drums||Ringleader of the Tormentors (2006)|
|Vauxhall and I
|You Are the Quarry
|Ringleader of the Tormentors
|Years of Refusal
|World Peace Is None of Your Business
|Guitars||Vini Reilly||Mark E. Nevin||Alain Whyte/Boz Boorer||Alain Whyte||Boz Boorer/Jesse Tobias|
|Bass||Stephen Street||Mark Bedford||Gary Day||Jonny Bridgwood||Gary Day||Solomon Walker|
|Drums||Andrew Paresi||Spencer Cobrin||Woodie Taylor||Spencer Cobrin||Dean Butterworth||Matt Chamberlain||Matt Walker|
- Note: Morrissey was inactive from 1998 until 2003.
- From Viva Hate
- From Bona Drag
- Craig Gannon and Neil Taylor — guitars on "The Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Interesting Drug"
- Kevin Armstorng - guitar on "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", "November Spawned a Monster" and "Piccadilly Palare"; composer of "Piccadilly Palare"
- Andy Rourke - bass on "The Last of the Famous International Playboys", "Interesting Drug", "November Spawned a Monster", and "Piccadilly Palare"; composer of "Yes I Am Blind"
- Matthew Seligman - bass on "Ouija Board, Ouija Board"
- Mike Joyce - drums on "The Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Interesting Drug"
- Andrew Paresi - drums on "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", "November Spawned a Monster", and "Piccadilly Palare"
- Stephen Street - keyboard, composer of "The Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Interesting Drug"
- Kristy Maccoll - backing vocals on "Interesting Drug"
- Mary Margaret O'Hara - backing vocals on "November Spawned a Monster"
- Stephen Hopkins - piano on "Ouija Board, Ouija Board"
- From Kill Uncle
- Seamus Beaghen and Steven Heart – keyboards
- Nawazish Ali Khan – violin
- John Deacon - bass on tracks "Asian Rut", "Mute Witness", and "The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye"
- From You Are the Quarry
- Roger Joseph Manning, Jr. - keyboards
- From Ringleader of the Tormentors
- Michael Farrell – piano, organ, keyboards, trumpet, trombone, percussion
- Ennio Morricone - string arrangement on "Dear God Please Help Me"
- Laura Adriani, Gaia e Andrea Baroni, Niccolo Centioni, Julia D'Andrea, Alice e Ester Diodovich, Marco Lorecchio, Charlotte Patrignani - Children's choir on "The Youngest Was the Most Loved", "The Father Who Must Be Killed" and "At Last I Am Born"
- From Years of Refusal
- Roger Joseph Manning Jr. – keyboards
- Mark Isham – trumpet on "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", "When Last I Spoke to Carol" and "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"
- Jeff Beck – guitar on "Black Cloud"
- Michael Farrell – keyboards, accordion, cowbell on "That's How People Grow Up"
- Kristopher Pooley – backing vocals (tracks "Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed", "When Last I Spoke to Carol", and "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell"
- Kristeen Young – additional vocals on "That's How People Grow Up"
- Chrissie Hynde – backing vocals on "Shame Is the Name"
- From World Peace Is None of Your Business
- Gustavo Manzur - keyboards, percussion
- Stephen Street, producer, 1988 (Viva Hate)
- Clive Langer, Alan Winstanley, producer, 1991 (Kill Uncle)
- Mick Ronson, producer, 1992 (Your Arsenal)
- Steve Lillywhite, producer, 1994-1997 (Vauxhall and I, Southpaw Grammar, and Maladjusted)
- Jerry Finn, producer, 2004, 2009 (You Are the Quarry, Years of Refusal)
- Tony Visconti, producer, 2006 (Ringleader of the Tormentors)
- Joe Chiccarelli, producer, 2013 (World Peace Is None of Your Business)