Moshe Arye Milevsky is a Professor of Finance at the Schulich School of Business at York University, Toronto, Canada, where he has been based and teaching for over 25 years. He earned a B.A. in Mathematics and Physics from Yeshiva University in 1990, an M.A. in Mathematics and Statistics from York University in 1992 and a Ph.D in Business Finance from York University in 1996.
His area of expertise is in mathematical financial economics, pensions, insurance, actuarial science and history of financial products. He has done extensive research on exotic option pricing, quantitative personal financial planning (focusing on investment strategies for retiring individuals), insurance derivatives, and alternative paradigms for risk quantification and measurement of long-term financial market investment returns.
He is also the Executive Director of the Individual Finance and Insurance Decisions Centre (IFID), a non-profit corporation dedicated to generating advanced research at the intersection of wealth management, personal finance, and insurance. For his contributions to the Fields Institute and to the Canadian mathematical community, Moshe was inducted as a Fields Institute Fellow in 2002.
Moshe A. Milevsky is the author of several books, including the popular Are You a Stock or a Bond, and The 7 Most Important Equation for Your Retirement" and the more advanced The Calculus of Retirement Income, which summarizes much of the research that Milevsky has done on quantitative retirement income planning. His recent books include King William's Tontine: Why the Retirement Annuity of the Future Should Resemble Its Past" (Cambridge 2015) and The Day the King Defaulted: Financial Lessons from the Stop of the Exchequer in 1672".
- Milevsky, Moshe A. (2015). King William's Tontine: Why the Retirement Annuity of the Future should Resurrect its Past. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-110-707612-9.
- Milevsky, Moshe; Alexandra Macqueen (2015). Pensionize Your Nest Egg: How to Use Product Allocation to Create a Guaranteed Income for Life. Mississauga: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-470-68099-7.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2010). Your Money Milestones: A Guide to Making the 9 Most Important Financial Decisions of Your Life. Upper Saddle River: FT Press. ISBN 0-13-702910-1.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2008). Are You a Stock or a Bond?: Create Your Own Pension Plan for a Secure Financial Future. Upper Saddle River: FT Press. ISBN 0-13-712737-5.
- Milevsky, Moshe (2006). The Calculus of Retirement Income: Financial Models for Pension Annuities and Life Insurance. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-84258-1.
- Milevsky, Moshe; Michael Posner (1999). Money Logic: Financial Strategies for the Serious Investor. Toronto: Stoddart. ISBN 0-7737-3171-7.