This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Thrash metal, Heavy metal|
|Members||John Baker - Vocals
Ahmed Janahi - Guitars
Abdulla Muijrers - Drums
Hisham Alawadhi - Guitars
Mohammed Alkhuzaie - Bass
Mahmood Abdulla - Vocals/Bass
Yousef Hatlani - Guitars
Salem Sulaibikh - Guitars
Ahmed Abualkhair - Guitars
Abdulrazaq Awadh - Bass
Motör Militia (also known as Motor Militia) is a Bahraini heavy metal band. They are regarded as one of the first metal bands of their genre in the Persian Gulf and Middle East area to record and release a full-length album of original material on an independent label.
In 2003, Motör Militia built a following based on word of mouth promotion in their local and neighboring Middle Eastern music communities. At the same time, members of the group began interacting with many other bands in their local heavy metal scene, organizing DIY heavy metal and hard rock concerts at a pace faster than previously realized. This, in addition to the band's decision to play sets consisting almost entirely of original material (and subsequently recording and releasing it), influenced many local groups to do the same.
Formed in 2001 by school mates Motör Militia is regarded as one of the first metal bands in the Persian Gulf region and Middle East to record and release a full length album of original material on an independent label. In 2003 Motör Militia built a following based on word of mouth promotion in their local and neighboring Middle Eastern music communities.
Members of the group also began interacting with many other bands in their local heavy metal scene, organizing DIY heavy metal and hard rock concerts at a pace faster than previously realized. This, in addition to the band's decision to play sets consisting almost entirely of original material (and subsequently recording and releasing it), influenced many local groups to do the same.
The first FVF Music Festival was organized by Motör Militia on October 23, 2003. Only the bands’ second live performance the event attracted a crowd in excess of 1,000 people!
In the spring of 2004 while riding the wave of momentum that had been created the band was signed by the Saudi based independent label “SandStorms Records” to record and release an album of original material. 'The Sound of Violence' was released in June that year and launched at the final FVF show.
In 2007 the band regrouped with a new lineup and continued where they left off. As a result of their resurgence they aided in the resurrection of the Bahrain live Metal scene, which had almost disappeared in their absence. In 2010 the band independently recorded the album “Cloaked in Darkness” which became the cultivation of the work of a band that refused to lie down.
After the album's release in 2011 the band hit the road notably headlining the Dorrak Festival in Bahrain, performing twice in Dubai and at the Deccan Rock Festival in Hyderabad, India along with Death Metal legends Decapitated. Returning to Bahrain closing out 2011 with an appearance at the annual Bud Battle of the Bands; an event traditionally reserved for hotel based cover bands. Being allowed to participate for the first time the band took the event by storm leaving a lasting impression.
The release party for 'Cloaked in Darkness' in 2011 was captured by the owner of Studio 77 (Rabble Rouser at the time). This recording was subsequently released in 2012 as a split live DVD featuring performances by fellow Bahrain based bands Lunacyst and Smouldering In Forgotten alongside Motör Militia entitled 'Resurrection: The Bahrain Underground Vol. 1'.
The band continued performing live with a notable appearances: opening for Nervecell's second Bahrain performance in 2012 and at the 2013 Bahrain National Day Festival at the Bahrain International Circuit in front of a national audience.
- John Baker – vocals (2016 – present)
- Hisham Alawadhi – guitars (2007 – present)
- Ahmed Janahi – guitars (2014 – present)
- Mohammed Alkhuzaie – bass (2017–present)
- Abdulla Muijrers – drums (2001 – present)
- Mahmood Abdulla – vocals, bass (2001-2015)
- Yousef Hatlani – guitars (2003-2005)
- Ahmed Abualkhair – guitars (2008-2013)
- Salem Sulaibeekh – guitars (2003-2004)
- Abdulrazaq Awadh – bass (2007-2016)
- The Sound of Violence (2004)
- Cloaked in Darkness (2011)
- Resurrection: Bahrain Underground Vol. 1 (2012)
- World in Flames (2018)
- "JorZine - Motor Militia". www.jorzine.com (in French). Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "discovery". lelahelwebsite.chez-alice.fr. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "History". Motör Militia. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "band". Motör Militia. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Motör Militia - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "Motör Militia - The Sound of Violence - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "Motor Militia - 'Cloaked In Darkness' CD Review". Metalunderground.com. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- Resurrection: The Bahrain Underground, Vol.1 (Live) by Lunacyst, Smouldering In Forgotten & Motör Militia on Apple Music, 2012-03-09, retrieved 2018-03-24
- "World in Flames, by Motör Militia". Motör Militia. Retrieved 2018-03-24.