||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Oil and lubricants|
|Founded||1917 Fritz Jenzer, 1920 Jenzer and Bucher, 1938 Bucher & Cie AG, 1947 Motorex.|
|Edi Fischer, CEO, Peter & Monique Regenass-Bucher Chairman|
|Products||Additives, lubricants, special fluids|
Number of employees
Motorex is a Swiss oil blending and manufacturing company located in Langenthal, Switzerland. It is currently the largest oil blending and manufacturing company in Switzerland and ships to over 75 countries. Motorex is owned by the Bucher AG Group which also holds two more affiliate companies namely Motorex-Toptech and the Bucher AG Langenthal. All three of these companies operate out of the main facility in Langenthal. There is also a separate location of storage-holding tanks on the other side of the city.
- 1917: The company is founded and located in Bützberg, specializing in leather and floor care products.
- 1938: The company relocated to Langenthal.
- 1947: The company starts selling lubricants under the brand name "Motorex", derived from its previous name Rex. It sells roughly one drum of oil per day.
- 1965: Shoe and floor care products are discontinued. Sales for motor and gear oils climb to 1,200 tonnes/year.
- 1977: Motorex started bottling their own aerosols.
- 1992: Motorex is given the ISO-9001 quality certification (11 years later ISO-14001 for environmental management is added).
- 2001: Motorex is awarded the WORLD STAR for its 1-litre motor oil bottle with integrated pouring spout.
- 2011: Motorex expands its tank systems and is the first oil company in Switzerland to introduce a Pigging cleaning system for its pipes
- More than 200 distributors worldwide
- Sales are at 170million Swiss Francs per year
- Produce 31,000 Million Tonnes
- A new product is made every 10 days
- Motorex has over 20,000 active customers
Throughout the past years, the Motorex Racing Laboratory has managed to develop, together with leading racing teams, special racing products. These products are oils which have been optimized for racing purposes and as such have efficiency as their primary goal.
Motorex are sponsoring professional racing teams in many motor sports. For example KTM Factory (RR,MX,Enduro,Rally), Team Bollinger Switzerland (Endurance), Yoshimura Suzuki (AMA SBK)
Sponsored riders can also be found in cycling for example Team Merida in both road racing and mountainbiking.
Motorex offers lubricants for virtually all domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Motorex packages their products in as small as 56ml Mini sprays all the way to 1,000L Containers and bulk packaging for motor, gear and hydraulic oil.
Some of the bigger, current product brands offered by Motorex include:
- For passenger cars: Motoroil Xperience, Select, Concept, Profile, Topaz
- For motorcycles: Motoroil Power Synt, Cross Power, Top Speed, Formula, Legend, products for chains and air filters, cleaning and maintenance products
- For bikes: Carbon grease, chain lube for wet & dry use and a great number of cleaning products
- For heavy duty vehicles/Transport: Motoroil Focus, MC Power Plus, Universal
- For marine: Motoroil Ocean FS, Ocean SP, Jet Speed
- For alpine: Motoroil Snowmobile Polar and Snowmobile Adventure, hydraulic oil Corex Polar, protective agent and lubricants for cable wires
- For agricultural applications: Motoroil Farmer MC, Farmer UNI, Extra SAE, Solomix, Forest & Garden
Within the industry sector, products for cutting are one of the core business activities. Being precise, fast and working in a cost-efficient way is very important in this field. Therefore many companies operating in the demanding professional metalworking market use products from Motorex’s Swissline such as cooling lubricants or cutting oil.
In summer 2010 Motorex produced a world first in cooling lubricants. SWISSCOOL TRESOR PMC (Precious Metal Catalyst) is the first cooling lubricant concentrate that is able to control bacteria growth without using any problematic ingredients. The emulsion contains bioactive precious metal catalysts which impede and sustainably limit bacterial growth over long periods of time. This is not only important due to environmental reasons but also because skin irritations such as rashes are no longer a problem for users.
In addition, Motorex is selling hydraulic oils, gear oils, fork oil, brake fluids, cooling lubricants and clean & care products.
This affiliated company of Motorex specializes in handling oil, grease and fluidities. Services include planning and designing fluid handling systems as well as grease guns, grease pumps and oil units.
- Keller, H:"TIR trans News", page 56-57. August 2007
- "Motor Sport Suisse", page 22. June 2007 www.motosportsuisse.ch
- Swiss Instruments Limited, http://www.swissinstruments.com/prod_coolant_motorex_tresor_pmc.html
- Interview with Michael Rocker, http://www.motorex.com/index.cfm?oid=1392&lang=en