|Look up mountaineer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mountaineer may refer to:
- Mountaineering, the sport, hobby or profession of walking, hiking, trekking and climbing up mountains, also known as alpinism
University athletic teams and mascots
- Appalachian State Mountaineers, the athletic teams of Appalachian State University
- Eastern Oregon Mountaineers, the athletic teams of Eastern Oregon University
- Mansfield Mountaineers, the athletic teams of Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Mohawk Mountaineers, the athletic teams of Mohawk College
- West Virginia Mountaineers, the athletic teams of West Virginia University; and their mascot, The Mountaineer
- Western State Colorado Mountaineers, the athletic teams of Western State Colorado University
- Mercury Mountaineer, a midsize sport utility vehicle (SUV) manufactured under the Mercury brand
- Mountaineers cricket team, a Zimbabwean first class cricket team.
- Mountaineer Power Plant, a major coal-fired electricity-generating station in New Haven, West Virginia, USA
- Mountaineers (American Civil War), a reference to either Union or Confederate fighters, as well as the military units they served in, to indicate that the fighters or units resided in, or fought in, mountainous regions during the American Civil War, especially the Appalachian and Blue Ridge mountains.
- The Mountaineers (club) outdoor recreation club based in Seattle, WA
- the Mountaineer (train), a passenger train operated by Amtrak in the 1970s
- The Mountaineer, a newspaper based in Waynesville, North Carolina
- the bearded mountaineer, Oreonympha nobilis, a species of hummingbird
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mountaineer.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.