Mughrabi, Mugrabi, Mograbi, or Moghrabi is a surname and place name derived from "Maghreb" – meaning "West" in Arabic, and usually referring to North Africa or specifically to Morocco, i.e., the westernmost part of the Arab and Muslim world. It exists among both Muslims and Jews originating from this region.
Arabs originating from the Levant ( Lebanon,Palestine,Syria , and Jordan) who hold the surname " Al Moghrabi" can trace their lineage back to the Son of Saladin, Malik Al Afdal,who established the Moroccan Quarter in East Jerusalem, dedicated to Maghrebi migrants coming from Northern Africa.
- Avi Mograbi, Israeli documentary filmmaker
- Dalal Mughrabi, Palestinian militant involved in killing Israeli civilians (March 11, 1978)
- Firas Mugrabi, Israeli football player
- Jose Mugrabi, art collector
- Mughrabi Quarter or Moroccan Quarter, historic quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem, razed in 1967 to make place for the Wailing Wall Plaza
- Mughrabi, Yemen
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mughrabi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.