|J.A. Muir Gray
||Oxford University, NHS
||UK National Screening Programme, National Library for Health
Sir J. A. Muir Gray, CBE, FRCPSGlas, FCLIP is a doctor, who has held senior positions in screening, public health and information management.
He was director of Research and Development for Anglia and Oxford Regional Health Authority and supported the United Kingdom Centre of the Cochrane Collaboration in promoting evidence-based medicine. He held the positions of director at the UK National Screening Committee, during which he helped pioneer Britain's breast and cervical cancer screening programmes, and National Library for Health, and director of Clinical Knowledge Process and Safety for the NHS National Programme for IT.
He was knighted in 2005 for the development of the foetal, maternal and child screening programme and the creation of the National Library for Health.
He is now the director of the National Knowledge Service and Chief Knowledge Officer to the National Health Service, a Director of the healthcare rating and review service iWantGreatCare and is Public Health Director of the Campaign for Greener Healthcare.
He is also one of the original authors of the IDEAL framework for surgical innovation.
- Gray, Muir (2015). Sod 70!. Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 1472918975.
- Raffle, Angela E; J.A. Muir Gray (2007). Screening: Evidence and practice. OUP Oxford. ISBN 978-0-19-921449-5.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (2007). How to Get Better Value Healthcare. Offox Press. ISBN 978-1-904202-01-1.
- Gray, Muir (2001). The Resourceful Patient. eRosetta Press. ISBN 978-1-904202-00-4.
- Pencheon, David; Charles Guest; David Melzer; J. A. Muir Gray (2001). The Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice. Oxford Handbooks. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-263221-0.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (1996). Evidence-based Healthcare. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN 978-0-443-05721-2.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (1989). PM The PM System Preventive Medicine for Total Health Identify Your Symptoms and Prevent Illness. Arrow Books.
- Many, D.C.; J. A. Muir Gray (1987). Building Regulations and Health. IHS BRE. ISBN 978-0-85125-236-0.