J.A. Muir Gray
|Known for||UK National Screening Programme, National Library for Health|
|Institutions||Oxford University, NHS|
He was director of Research and Development for Anglia and Oxford Regional Health Authority and supported the United Kingdom Centre of the Cochrane Collaboration in promoting evidence-based medicine. He held the positions of director at the UK National Screening Committee, during which he helped pioneer Britain's breast and cervical cancer screening programmes, and National Library for Health, and director of Clinical Knowledge Process and Safety for the NHS National Programme for IT.
He was the director of the National Knowledge Service and Chief Knowledge Officer to the National Health Service, a Director of the healthcare rating and review service iWantGreatCare and is Public Health Director of the Campaign for Greener Healthcare.
In 2006 he developed the NHS's framework for value (triple value). He was then the founding Director of the NHS Rightcare programme, trying to change the culture of the NHS to become a higher value organisation. He published many influential Atlases of Variation. He then left to found Better Value Healthcare, and then the Oxford Centre for Triple Value Healthcare, a mission driven social enterprise.
- Gray, Muir (2015). Sod 70!. Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 978-1472918970.
- Raffle, Angela E; J.A. Muir Gray (2007). Screening: Evidence and practice. OUP Oxford. ISBN 978-0-19-921449-5.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (2007). How to Get Better Value Healthcare. Offox Press. ISBN 978-1-904202-01-1.
- Gray, Muir (2001). The Resourceful Patient. eRosetta Press. ISBN 978-1-904202-00-4.
- Pencheon, David; Charles Guest; David Melzer; J. A. Muir Gray (2001). The Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice. Oxford Handbooks. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-263221-0.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (1996). Evidence-based Healthcare. Churchill Livingstone. ISBN 978-0-443-05721-2.
- Gray, J.A. Muir (1989). PM The PM System Preventive Medicine for Total Health Identify Your Symptoms and Prevent Illness. Arrow Books.
- Many, D.C.; J. A. Muir Gray (1987). Building Regulations and Health. IHS BRE. ISBN 978-0-85125-236-0.
- "What is Behind the Headlines?". NHS Choices. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "J A Muir Gray". Ottawa Health Research Institute. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- Gray, Muir (25 May 2009). "Climate change is the cholera of our era". The Times. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- "NHS RightCare". www.england.nhs.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- 3vh. "Oxford Centre for Triple Value Healthcare". 3vh. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- McCulloch P, Altman DG et al. "No surgical innovation without evaluation: the IDEAL recommendations." Lancet. 2009 Sep 26;374(9695):1105-12. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(09)61116-8.
|This United Kingdom biographical article related to medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|