This superfamily was previously included in the Caenogastropoda by Ponder and Warén (1988) and by Bandel in studies published in 1993 and 1997. However, studies by Tracey et al. (1993) and by Frýda and Manda (1997) put them into the Archaeogastropoda. This has been confirmed by new findings on archaeopod-type protoconchs in species from this families, dating from the early Devonian.
- † family Murchisoniidae Koken, 1896
- † family Cheeneetnukiidae Blodgett & Cook, 2002
- † family Hormotomidae Wenz, 1938
(Families that are exclusively fossil are indicated with a dagger †)
- Bouchet, P. & Rocroi, J.-P. (2005). "Classification and Nomenclator of Gastropod Families". Malacologia 47 (1–2).
- Tracey,, S.; J.A. Todd; D.H. Erwin (1993). Mollusca, Gastropoda; in : M.J. Benton (ed.) The Fossil Record, volume 2. London: Chapman & hall. pp. 131–167.
- J. Frýda & S. Manda (1997). "A gastropod faunule from the Monograptus uniformis graptolite Biozone (Early Lochkovian, Early Devonian) in Bohemia". Mitteilungen aus dem Geologisch-Pläontologischen Institut der Universität Hamburg 80: 59–122.
|This prehistoric gastropod article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|