Muroran Institute of Technology
Muroran Institute of Technology (室蘭工業大学 Muroran Kōgyō Daigaku), abbreviated as MuroranIT or MuIT, is a national university in Muroran, Hokkaido, Japan.
Muroran Institute of Technology is a technical institute which is composed of
- the Faculty of Engineering, a four-year course leading to a bachelor's degree, which consists of six departments
- a Graduate School, which has a two-year course in six divisions for the master's degree
- a three-year course in four divisions for a Doctoral degree.
The university has a campus covering an area of 197,485 m2 in the city of Muroran, which is at the entrance of Uchiura Bay in the southwestern part of Hokkaido.
- Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Materials Engineering
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Department of Information and Electronic Engineering
Coordinates: 42°22′45″N 141°2′0″E / 42.37917°N 141.03333°E