Museum (2018 film)
|Directed by||Alonso Ruizpalacios|
|Produced by||Manuel Alcalá|
|Written by||Manuel Alcalá|
|Starring||Gael García Bernal|
|Music by||Tomás Barreiro|
|Edited by||Yibrán Asuad|
|Distributed by||YouTube Premium|
Museum (Spanish: Museo) is a 2018 Mexican drama heist film directed by Alonso Ruizpalacios, and produced and written by Ruizpalacios and Manuel Alcalá. It was selected to compete for the Golden Bear in the main competition section at the 68th Berlin International Film Festival where it won the Silver Bear for Best Screenplay.
Two students plan on robbing the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico City and steal precious Mayan, Mixtec and Zapotec artefacts. While everyone celebrates Christmas, the two thieves manage to break inside the museum and steal hundred of pieces. They return home to see on the news how their deed is described as an attack on the entire nation and realize that there is no turning back.
- Gael García Bernal as Juan Núñez
- Leonardo Ortizgris as Benjamin Wilson
- Simon Russell Beale as Frank Graves
- Lynn Gilmartin as Gemma
- Alfredo Castro as Dr. Núñez
- Leticia Brédice as Sherezada
- "Berlin Film Festival Fleshes Out Competition Lineup". Variety. 15 January 2018. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- "Press Releases: 68th Berlinale". 15 January 2018. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Berlin Festival Awards: 'Touch Me Not' Wins Golden Bear for Best Film". Variety. Retrieved 24 February 2018.
- "Museo Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
|This article related to a Mexican film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|