Museum of Art - DeLand
600 North Woodland Boulevard location across from Stetson University
The Museum of Art - DeLand, Florida (formerly the Museum of Florida Art) is a 501(c)3 organization incorporated in the State of Florida and is a member of the American Alliance of Museums and the Florida Association of Museums. It is a community visual arts museum dedicated to the collecting, preservation, study, display and educational use of the fine arts. In addition to the permanent collection, the museum is host to exhibitions, gallery talks and receptions, educational programming, master artist workshops and special events throughout the year.
The museum was established in 1951 by the American Association of University Women. Its campus includes a 23,000-square-foot (2,100 m2) arts facility completed in 1991, and the adjacent Evans C. and Betty Drees Johnson Children’s Art Center, which opened in 2010. In 2013 the museum expanded to include 2,970 square feet (276 m2) of modern gallery space and a 2,239-square-foot (208 m2) Museum Store located at 100 N. Woodland Boulevard in the center of historic downtown DeLand.
The museum provides programming to various age groups, including lectures, discussions, gallery talks, tours and field studies, art classes and workshops, art camps and community outreach presentations.
Gallery & museum hours
Both the 600 Woodland and the 100 Woodland Museum of Art - DeLand locations are open Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday 1 – 4 p.m.
The museum has been host to multiple exhibitions by internationally renowned artists such as Sandro Chia and Stephen Althouse as well as many more. The museum's 2013 exhibition, "Forging an Identity: Contemporary Latin American Art", presented works by Fernando Botero and Roberto Matta.
May 23 – August 24, 2014 Collector’s Choice: Samuel Blatt Collection
June 13 – 29, 2014 Brightest Africa
October 10, 2013 – January 5, 2014 Small Masterworks: Butler Institute of American Art Collection
April 19 - August 18, 2013 Sequined Sentinels: Haitian Flags from the Collection of Candice Russell
December 6, 2012 - April 7, 2013 Florida Masters I Exhibitions
July 27 – November 25, 2012 Survival Series: Barbara Neijna
February 22, 2012 - Harold Garde: Painting 50 years*
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museum of Art - DeLand, Florida.|
- Featured Destination – DeLand Published On View Magazine July - Sept, 2014
- MOFA gets name change Published: Daytona Beach News-Journal September 1, 2013
- Explore the wonders (and value) of art Published: West-Volusia Beacon June 6, 2013
- How museums are addressing health issues Published: American Alliance of Museums October 30, 2013
- Filling your time with value Published West-Volusia Beacon June 23, 2013
- DeLand museum offers taste of Italian artist Sandro Chia Published: Daytona News-Journal June 6, 2013
- Stephen Althouse: Private Symbols, Personal Totems Published: West Volusia Tourism May 30, 2014
- Museum of Art – DeLand presents an ambitious new show Published Orlando Weekly October 13, 2013
- Four New Exhibitions Open at Museum of Art - DeLand Published: Hometown News May 23, 2014
- Reep, Richard (October 9, 2013). "Museum of Art – DeLand presents an ambitious new show to go with its new name". Orlando Weekly.
- Interview with Fine Art Collector Samuel Blatt Published: Gage Publishing July 6, 2014
- Brightest Africa Exhibition to Open Published: West-Volusia Beacon June 13, 2014
- Jill Cannady retrospective is a full-throated roar of raw female power Published: Orlando Weekly March 26, 2014
- Jill Cannady exhibit opens in DeLand Published: Daytona News-Journal January 17, 2014