Mutants (2009 film)
Official Teaser Poster
|Directed by||David Morlet|
|Produced by||Alain Benguigui
|Written by||Louis-Paul Desanges
|Starring||Hélène de Fougerolles
|Edited by||David Morlet|
|Distributed by||CTV International
Mutants is a French science-fiction horror film based on a screenplay from Louis-Paul Desanges and David Morlet It was directed by French filmmaker David Morlet and stars Hélène de Fougerolles, Dida Diafat and Francis Renaud.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (June 2017)
A virus has transformed the vast majority of humanity into bloodthirsty, zombie creatures. Marco and Sonia are young couple fleeing the "mutants" and trying to fight their way to a military base. But when Marco himself becomes infected in an attack, the pregnant Sonia must fight the worst enemy – the man she loves.
- Hélène de Fougerolles as Sonia
- Francis Renaud as Marco
- Dida Diafat as Virgile
- Marie-Sohna Condé as Perez
- Nicolas Briançon as Franck
- Luz Mandon as Dany
- Driss Ramdi as Abel
- Grégory Givernaud as Paul
- Justine Bruneau de la Salle as young girl
- Jérémy Loth as mutant
- Sébastien Rouquette as mutant
- Frédéric Troussier as mutant
- Cyril Hipaux as mutant
- Nicolas Leprêtre as mutant
- Cécile Corsalan as mutant
- Emmanuel Lanzi as stuntman mutant
- Frédéric Alhinho as stuntman mutant
- Yves Girard as stuntman mutant
- Patrick Vo as stuntman mutant
- Marie Dang as stuntwoman mutant
The film was shot in a bleak Picardy, scorched in snow and sluiced down in gray.
Mutants premiered on 31 January 2009 as part of the Gérardmer Film Festival and participated in the Festival du Film Français au Japon on 13 March 2009. The United States distribution rights for the film were acquired by IFC Festival Direct and the company was due to release it on 10 February 2010 at Festival Direct on Demand. IFC Films set the US DVD and Blu-ray release for the 26 October 2010.
- Silva, Ulises (5 November 2009). "Review of French Pa zombie flick Mutant". Quiet Earth. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Weinberg, Scott (16 July 2009). "Fantasia Fest 2009: 'Mutants' Review". Fearnet. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Allen, Michael (26 January 2010). "When Mutants Attack!". 28 Days Later Analysis. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Kapoor, Rahul (13 December 2009). "Indian cinema is made for everyone: Helene de Fougerolles". Realbollywood News. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- Brown, Todd (19 July 2009). "Fantasia 09 Review: Mutants". Twitch. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Hors compétition" [Non-competition program] (in French). Festival Gérardmer. Archived from the original on 11 October 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Mahoney, Sean (14 May 2009). "Aim for the Beret! – 'Mutants' Delivers Gore, Violence & French Zombies". The Flick Cast. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "IFC OnDemand Trailer: Mutants". Dread Central. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "IFC Films' Festival Direct Trailer for 'Mutants'". Bloody Disgusting. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Tons of Horror Heading Home From IFC – The Human Centipede and More!". Dread Central. (registration required).