Mutual recognition agreement
A mutual recognition agreement (MRA) is an international agreement by which two or more countries agree to recognize one another's conformity assessments results (for example certifications or test results). A mutual recognition arrangement is an international arrangement based on such an agreement.
Countries involved in the agreement can designate for the scope of the agreement Conformity Assessment Bodies (CAB), laboratories and inspection bodies.
MRAs are most commonly applied to goods, such as various quality control MRAs. However, the term is sometimes applied to agreements on the recognition of professional qualifications as well.
- Managed Mutual Recognition Regimes: Governance Without Global Government by Kalypso Nicolaïdis and Gregory Shaffer
- TACD Background Paper on MRAs
- National Institute of Standards and Technology on its MRAs
- Public Citizen description of MRAs
- "MLA Purpose". IAF. Retrieved 7 October 2018.