|Genre||Romance, Drama, Horror, Suspense, Thriller, Supernatural|
|Created by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Developed by||RJ Nuevas|
|Written by||Vinuel Ello
|Directed by||Dominic Zapata
|Creative director(s)||Jun Lana|
Louise delos Reyes
|Opening theme||"How Did You Know"
performed by Mark Bautista & Rachelle Ann Go
|Ending theme||"Forever My Beloved"
performed by Rachelle Ann Go
|Composer(s)||Cecile Azarcon (How Did You Know)
Joseph Olfindo (Forever, My Beloved)
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||83|
|Executive producer(s)||Mona Coles-Mayuga|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original release||February 13– June 8, 2012|
My Beloved is a Filipino romance drama-suspense-thriller series created and written by RJ Nuevas, under the helm of Dominic Zapata and Lore Reyes and produced by GMA Network. The show headlines the tandem of real and reel sweethearts Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera with Katrina Halili, Mikael Daez, Jennica Garcia, Carl Guevarra, Alden Richards, Louise delos Reyes and Paolo Contis. The series premiered February 13, 2012 replacing Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Doubles Showdown on GMA Telebabad block. It is the first TV drama series of the network to premiere just a day after its original telecast on GMA Pinoy TV, February 14, 2012. Within the seven years of GMA Pinoy TV, this is the first that has done so.
The series follows the life and love story of an angel of death named Arlan, a fictional character portrayed by Dingdong Dantes, who falls in love with a human named Sharina, played by Marian Rivera. He was punished and sent to earth to become human being. But complications arise when he found himself trapped in the body of a notorious criminal.
The production shooting began October 4, 2011 with Dingdong Dantes and Rhian Ramos as the main lead casts. My Beloved is supposed to be the follow up project of the two after the highly-success of their 2009 series Stairway to Heaven, but due of some controversies, Rhian Ramos requests to take a leave from her work because of the trauma she is going through. The actress also asked that she be replaced "as she feels that she cannot give her best to the show given her current state of mind".
The production, leaving no choice but to search for the immediate replacement for Ramos' character. There were plenty of speculations that in actress, Carla Abellana's hands landed the role of Sharina. But in one of her interviews, she told that she haven't heard that yet, but she's willing to portray the role.
On December 16, GMA Network's corporate communications released a statement that "Primetime Queen" Marian Rivera (who had recently completed Amaya) will be Dingdong Dantes's new leading lady, making My Beloved their fifth project together after starring in the past hit television series like MariMar (2007), Dyesebel (2008), Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang (2009) and Endless Love (2010).
Sharina's happy life turns upside down with the death of her father, Romeo (John Arcilla). Left all alone with nothing and no one to care for them after her mother eloped with another man, Sharina (Marian Rivera) and her younger sister Monica (Jennica Garcia) must now live and work under the strict rules of their aunt Elsa (Chanda Romero) and her daughter Ginella (Saab Magalona). Life has been unbearable for the two sisters, but Sharina does not give up in despair, and instead strive to get an education through the help of Lily (Rio Locsin), a kind-hearted teacher who treats Sharina like her own daughter.
Tragedy has struck Sharina's world once again when Lily died. Much to her surprise, Lily entrusted her small business including her house to Sharina. So, together with her sister Monica, Sharina decided to move in to Lily's house and start a new life. One day, Sharina sees Lily's old painting of a man inside her ancestral house. She also gets hold of Lily's diary and learns of her encounter with a man who saved her from an accident. Lily fell in love with this mysterious person and waited to be reunited with him until her last breath. Completely intrigued with the identity of the good-looking man on the canvas, Sharina could not get the face of the man out of her mind and it repeatedly haunts her dreams every night. Until she meets an accident and Sharina finally comes face to face with the mystifying being in the painting. The man saves her from death and Sharina kisses him before he disappears. In the divine realm of angels, one strict rule applies to every "sundo"—that no angel of death can fall in love with a human being. In such case, Arlan (Dingdong Dantes) has freely chosen to give up his immortal state when he genuinely kissed Sharina back. Meanwhile, when Sharina wakes up, she searches for her rescuer and falls in love with him. Unknown to her, the man in the painting and her rescuer is one and the same person.
But by a startling twist of fate, Sharina and her "mystery" man's paths will entwine as she meets Benjie (Dingdong Dantes), a playboy and a member of small-time syndicate. The angel Arlan, who has been punished and banished to earth to become a mortal, transfers his soul into Benjie's body and has equally fallen in love with Sharina. Now, Arlan must live a life of a mortal, and redeem himself to go back to heaven. As Sharina yearns to be united with her mystery man, she will face many struggles after discovering his real identity as a thief and gangster. Now trapped into Benjie's body, Arlan must learn how to feel human emotions and endure the day-to-day life of a normal human being. Now that the two fated lovers are reunited, Sharina and Benjie/Arlan must face the harsh reality and obstacles that will come their way.
Cast and characters
- Dingdong Dantes as Benjamin "Benjie" Castor / Arlan - The series' male protagonist - A sundo or an angel of death who falls in love with the human Sharina. By disobeying the strict rule of heaven (that no angel can fall in love with a human being), Arlan punished and sent to earth to become mortal. His spirit transfers into Benjie’s body –- a major playboy and a member of a small-time syndicate. Now, he must cope and live a life of a normal human being. He later falls in love with Sharina and will do anything for her. He even abandoned a pregnant Emmie at their wedding and ran away with Sharina. Sharina later dies due to Emmie unplugging the machine at the hospital that was keeping her alive. Sharina goes to hell, but Arlan commits suicide and saves her from hell by pleading to God. It is later revealed that he is still alive and that Emmie is keeping him alive in her house using her newfound money.
- Marian Rivera as Sharina Quijano-Castor - The series' female protagonist - A charming, kind-hearted, God-fearing and strong-willed woman. Sharina will endure all the pains and sacrifices for the sake of her love ones. One fateful day, Sharina meets the man of her dreams, angel Arlan, after nearly dying from a fatal vehicular accident. Sharina kisses Arlan, who is in fact a "sundo" or one who takes the souls of the dead to their final resting place. Because of the kiss, Arlan is sentenced to be a mortal man, and is transported to the body of a notorious thief named Benjie. She later dies and goes to hell, but Arlan comes after her and she lives again. After returning from the hospital, it's revealed that she is pregnant with Benjie's child, believing that Benjie is dead, she is forced to marry Nelson so she can give her child a good life.
- Katrina Halili as Emilia "Emmie" Montecastro - The series female' antagonist - The loyal girlfriend of Benjie. An alluring lady a scheming woman. A loving and supportive sister, but will fight tooth and nail for the man she truly loves. She later takes the money that Gimo left at her house to buy a new house and keep Benjie alive.
- Mikael Daez as Nelson De Guia - The series male antagonist - Tall, dark, rich, handsome and a perfect gentleman... an ideal guy for every girls. But Nelson’s heart and eyes are already captured by the beautiful Sharina and he’s willing to give everything just to win her heart. He is devastated that Sharina abandoned him at the altar and tried everything to forget Sharina. He later comes back a week after Arlan just died and proposes to Sharina, which she accepts. He died after being shot by Gimo.
- Jennica Garcia as Monica Quijano - Pretty, brave and tactless. Monica is the younger sister and defender of Sharina. Set to get married to her long-time boyfriend, Junic, but the latter died in a bank robbery incident. Bravely facing the tragic event of her life, Monica vows to get justice for her departed boyfriend. She doesn't get along with her mother after she comes back. She finds comfort it Ronald while Sharina and her mother are in the hospital leading her to fall in love with him.
- Carl Guevarra as Junic Tablante - The ever loving and responsible boyfriend of Monica. He is on the brink of marrying his beloved girlfriend, but unfortunately died in a bank robbery incident. In the middle of the story, he meets Joanna, a ghost, who like him, still can't get move on and still watching over and guiding her boyfriend, Ronald. Eventually, the two make a deal that they match their alive love ones so that they can finally move to heaven.
- Louise delos Reyes as Grace Velasco - Pretty, cheerful and super ambitious. Grace is a poor girl who pretends to be well-off but eventually falls in love for Rico.
- Alden Richards as Rico Castor - Tough, street-smart and naughty, Rico is the younger brother of Benjie. He grows up in a slum area and molds to become the best thief in town. But his outlook in life changed when he meets Grace, his one true love.
- Paolo Contis as Geronimo "Gimo" Magtoto - The series' male antagonist - Dangerous and ruthless. A notorious criminal. Gimo is Benjie's childhood friend who is also the leader of their gang he is the scheming man.
- Nova Villa as Lola Inggay Castor - Drunkard and gambler. She once had a strong faith in God, but lose it after experiencing countless misfortunes throughout her life. Lola Inggay earns a living by deceiving people as a jueteng collector. She later stays at Emmie's house while Benjie is being treated by her.
- Chanda Romero as Elsa Quijano - Sharina and Monica's authoritarian aunt who will make their lives a living hell.
- Saab Magalona as Ginella Quijano - The arrogant daughter of Elsa. Head over heels to Nelson and she will do everything just to catch his attention and love.
- Ynna Asistio as Lyzette - Emmie's bratty and ambitious younger sister who falls in love with Rico.
- Gianna Cutler as Pepay Castor - Benjie and Rico's youngest sister who has the ability to see and communicate with dead people.
- Reika Suzuki as Sunshine
- Marky Lopez as Tikyo
- Djanin Cruz as Lucy
- Andrea Torres as Dessa
- James Ronald Obeso as Michael
- Rodfil Obeso as Jackson
- Frank Magalona as Ronald
- John Hall as Joryl
- Fabio Ide as Rowan 
- Jay Gonzaga as Mikal
|Vietnam||SCTV phim tổng hợp||Người tình bí ẩn||February 11, 2014|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Result|
|2012||PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Drama Actor
|FMTM Awards||TV Series Loveteam of the Year||Nominated|
|2013||ENPRESS Golden Screen TV Awards||Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Drama Series
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- List of soap operas
- Ang Babaeng Hinugot sa Aking Tadyang
- Endless Love
- "All new, All Original Primetime Shows for 2012". GMANetwork.com. 2011-12-25. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- my-beloved- banners-gma-network's-celebration-of-love-month