NORPAC is a bipartisan, multi-candidate political action committee (PAC) working to strengthen the United States–Israel relationship, founded in New Jersey in 1982. Its activities include fundraising for Senators and Members of the United States Congress who support this relationship, regular emails regarding the situation in the Middle East, and the annual Mission to Washington.
Each year, before its annual Mission to Washington, NORPAC selects 5 issues or bills it will discuss that year, including:
- Foreign Aid to Israel
- IFSA, the Iran Freedom Support Act (H.R.282/S.333), which imposes sanctions on Iran in response to nuclear activity.
- USIECA, the US-Israel Energy Cooperation Act (H.R.2730/S.1862), which supports joint alternative energy research.
- PATA, the Palestinian Anti-Terror Act (H.R.4861/S.2370), which restricts aid to the Hamas-dominated Palestinian Authority (while still allowing humanitarian aid) unless certain actions opposing terror are taken.
- The Saudi Arabia Accountability Act (H.R.2037/S.1171), which imposes sanctions on Saudi Arabia unless it clearly shuts down terrorist organizations within the country and ends support for such organizations outside the country.
Mission to Washington
Each year, NORPAC sends a group of active members to meet with Senators and Members of Congress to discuss the U.S.-Israel relationship. The mission on May 2009 brought approximately 900 participants to meet with more than four hundred Senators and Members of Congress, increase in the number of participants compared to previous years.
NORPAC hosts fundraisers for various political candidates who are supportive of the U.S.-Israel relationship. It is the largest donor of New Jersey senator Robert Menendez, and regularly donates to various other politicians.
|Founding Chairman||Rabbi M. Genack|
|Chairman Emeritus||David Schlussel|
|President||Dr. Ben Chouake|
|Vice-President||Dr. Mort Fridman|
|Director of Membership, Mission to Washington Coordinator||Joel Davidson|
|President, Riverdale chapter||Josh Landes|
|Vice-President, Riverdale chapter||Jeff Daube|
|President, Edison chapter||Jeff Weinstein|
|Vice-President, Edison chapter||Harry Bernstein|
|President, NY chapter||Jason Muss|
- Dennis C. Jett (19 October 2017). The Iran Nuclear Deal: Bombs, Bureaucrats, and Billionaires. Springer. pp. 384–. ISBN 978-3-319-59822-2.
- Silberman, Zach (February 29, 2012). "Jewish military veteran in key Senate race". The Times of Israel. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- "NORPAC Hosts Congressman Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ) in Englewood". JewishLink of New Jersey. August 26, 2018. Retrieved August 26, 2018.
- Judy Berger, Bronx and Westchester Residents Prep for NORPAC 2018, The Jewish Link, March 08, 2018]
- "Open Secrets". Retrieved 26 March 2018.